Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
11K views 49 replies 10 participants last post by  the5thbeatle 
#1 ·
08 rabbit has no DRL can I buy just the switch and have it work or is there wiring involved:D:

#2 ·
they were most likely requested to be disabled by the previous owner. find some with vagcom to get them enabled. it's all done through the software, so no wiring is involved.

welcome to the VWOC...

#4 ·
They will not since DRL's are a safety feature.

#8 ·
the switch shouldn't have anything to do with it. But you do need it to use them alone.

#15 ·
#24 ·
Pressing unlock once, unlocks the driver door. Pressing it twice unlocks the other doors and hatch. Pressing the trunk release button for several seconds pops the hatch even if the doors are locked iirc. The hatch pop kit chines in handy but it works the best in warm temps. In the winter the hatch rarely seems to swing open.

I have mine set with one push to unlock all doors and hatch and unlocking all doors when the key is removed from the ignition. I also have closing all windows/moonroof from the fob and from the driver door lock enabled. I think that's everything.

#31 · (Edited)
Woot - Wabbit hooked me up this weekend - I am now DRL FREE :) And - Remote Windows Roll up Roll down from keyfob. WIN!!!!!

We couldn't find the option for one touch unlock all or the one where it unlocks ALL doors when turning off the ignition.

Thanks again man for your assistance!

#33 ·
HA!!! Nice dude!! :) So now it's premium fuel from here on out? YIKES!! :) But then again wait you drive 6 miles a day. ARGH!!!! Damn you people with short commutes :) - Luki - NOT A WORD!! :)

I have a manual so its a little easier for me to chirp second but yeah I did that at work one day, I was a little upset when I was leaving heh :)

Congrats on the new mod! :)

#41 ·
Why do you want to permanently turn ESP off? I believe you can do so by disabling ABS, but that's just a real bad idea...

#44 ·
ASR and ESP are two different things, but I've noticed in ice/snow especially, that it will actually cut power during traction loss. I have ASR so I'm not sure about the differences. However, with the turbo I definitely believe that the traction control makes my car slower. Also note that when you get dyno'd the technician will disable your traction control. This is more than likely due to the power loss that will be reflected when the traction control kicks in.

But I could be completely wrong, this is just my personal feeling. Traction control is a good thing, but personally I think my throttle control and clutch work provide a more controllable situation than allowing a computer to decide what to do.

#46 ·
You have ESP, I'm pretty sure my ASR is not as complicated as ESP.

I've driven both Lexi's auto and my manual in ice/snow. It's almost dangerous to drive either with the ASR engaged in those low traction conditions. Again I'm talking about ASR, I have no idea how the ESP acts, I can only speak from my experience. If I disable my ASR I can actually control how the car slides and reacts to a loss of traction, on my car (manual) at least. I would never risk it with Lexi's car.

#47 ·
We hijacked this thread. For tracking I can understand disabling ESP. However in inclement weather I'd only turn it off if I needed to start and have some wheel spin to get going. I could go down a snow covered rd with ESP off and turn the wheel and the car would just go straight, with it on it will actually turn.

I was going to dj's one night and it was near freezing and misting out. Going over an overpass on a curve and my ESP kicked in before I even realized I had lost traction going about 55. That was after slowing down because I saw a car spin out ahead... So I'm a believer. Even on the dragon I leave it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.