Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nitroscope8 
#1 ·
2003 Jetta 1.8T with sunroof driver's side floor mat gets soaked when driving in the rain.. Sunroof drain vents are clean. I've hosed, pressure washed, and blasted water at and around the sunroof, driver's door, and drivers's door window. I blasted two hoses into the cowl underneath the windshield and none of this heavy water produces a leak. I've sealed all the plastic body plugs on the driver's side floor pan on the underneath side of the car. If I drive the car in the rain, the driver's side floor mat gets wet and soggy, sometimes soggy enough to soak the back driver's side floor mat, too. I'd like to put an end to the water problem without having to purchase a bilge pump. Sorry if this is a duplicate post. What am I overlooking?

#2 ·
Open the sunroof and open both front doors wide. In that channel at the front corners use a bottle and pour water in there slowly. Does it come out of the drain tubes? If no, the tubes shrunk and you need to replace them. If YES,

Use a hose without the nozzle and let it flow on the driver window for several minutes. Look in from the other side....is ti leaking on the bottom of the door? If yes, the window regulator needs to be re sealed. If no, do the same test on the windshield in that area.

There really aren't many other common leaks in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.