Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
11K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nitroscope8 
#1 ·
The other day I was on a long drive home and when I exited the interstate I noticed on the tachometer side of the dash display there was a yellow round circle with small lines around it and an exclamation mark looking thing inside. When I got to my destination I got out the manual and found it was a light or automatic light sensing system fault. Hmm, did not exactly know what that meant. Walked around the car and didn't see any lights out including the turn signal lights.

Next morning on my way to work it was not on. After work that afternoon, back on again. So I was messing with the dash setup controls trying to see if something was set wrong and out of the blue for a few seconds the display shows something like :

"DRIVER SIDE BRAKE LIGHT FAILURE"

Ohhhhhh.... but.... I have no clue what prompted it to display that message. Next time I stopped I tried and tried again but no clue what made it display what was actually wrong. Changed the bulb and all is well. But how do you get it to show that message alert rather then just the little dash icon?

Speaking of icons, at the bottom left of the center dash display there is mph and a little circle with an arrow in it and two dashes under mph. What the heck is that?!?!?!

Thanks in advance for your help.

See less See more
#3 ·
The left brake lamp has two bulbs.... the inner is out. OR the socket is melted. See your dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.