Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kingrukkuss 
#1 ·
Hey all. Bought my cc new(ish) under 20k back in 2011. It's a 6spd manual. Had intake replaced at 40k. Did coils and plugs last year at 80k. Had to do a seafood cleaning through intake last year as well to clear up engine misfires and poor running.

Threw a bunch of codes last month. Turns out pcv was bad. I pulled off the top diaphragm and it was torn. Replaced it. Ran better but still weird.

I keep getting p2187 and have some light oil leaks. I've read about the rms. It will run great then idle weird the next day then back to normal. It's all over the place.

I'm curious if anyone has had this happen and it's only the messed up intake?

Anyone else with same issues? What was the fix?

I do not have a vag com or know anyone that does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi, I know this is 4 years old, but did you ever figure out what the issue was? My 2010 VW CC has the constant p2187 and i have replaced some parts and still have the cold start sputtering. It seems like o2 sensor is possible or a full carbon cleaning? I don't know, they are unable to figure it out from a diagnostic.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.