Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  briano1234 
#1 ·
I get fuel from the tank if I blow air into the return line. The fuel will come out till I stop with the air then it doesn't. I want to know if the injection pump has enough suction to suck the fuel or do I need a lift pump.

Another thing since I have the timing belt off could I turn the Injection pump with a drill with the injector lines loose at the injectors till fuel comes out. I just want to get fuel to come out without cranking and cranking the engine. The pump is used I was told this pump is good though. If I have a jumper wire on the fuel shutoff switch I dont see why it wouldn't work. The deal is this engine is brand new and has never ran I rebuilt it two years ago and it has sat since that is why I dont want to just crank and crank it and ruin something cause of low oil pressure. Word.

#2 ·
You may have air in the system.

Crack the injector lines at the assend of the pump where they are coming out of the distribution block. That is what you are attaching the injector lines to on the pump, crack those nipples and crank the engine to see if you are getting fuel to them.

If you don't crank the engine then the pump can't rotate and picking the fuel shutoff isn't going to do a thing for you.

I had one where I thought I had the same issue, took it apart and reassembled it, replaced it and same-o same-o It wasn't until I started to crack the injectors from the pump distribution manifold did I get rid of the air block.

#4 ·
In theory it should, Crack the nipples at the pump distribution manifold I think oyu have a air block.

Also if you dribble 30 weight or marvel mystery oil in the Glow plugs you will lubricate the upper cylinders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.