Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
14K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  _erwin_ 
#1 ·
I recently replaced my battery on my 2012 Tiguan due to a bad cell. Everything works perfectly except the sunroof will not open. When I turn the knob, nothing happens. It worked fine prior to the battery swap. Can this be "reset" or is there a way to fix this without a trip to the dealership? I've already reset back to "factory settings"... Still not working. Ideas?

#4 ·
Will be interesting to hear your result. The sunroof of my 2013 Tiguan also has episodes of not closing. Once when it was -15 Celcius, and I had to drive the highway. Eventually after turning the car off and on and fiddling with the switch, it eventually just started working. So maybe try the battery disconnect as Dubsy suggests? Does your sunroof squeal loudly or shudder heavily when closing, particularly in the hot temperatures? Mine does, so I think maybe the motor is shutting down, thinking to save itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.