VW Rabbit Forum " steering rack replacement" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: steering rack replacement

Super Moderator briano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond repute briano1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: steering rack replacement

You are talking about the main pump? It has but one inlet, and one outlet port, I haven't a clue as to the 3 holes...

But there should be a directional arrow on it, and then the connector. To be honest I can't remember which end is which but iirc one hose is larger than the other.
    What do Divorces, Great Coffee and Cars all have in common?
    They all Start with good GROUNDS.
    Replace all of them that you can, 99 percent of flakiness will disappear.

92, 93 Cabriolet.... 89, and 90 are Deceased.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Junior Member zorro17 is a jewel in the rough zorro17's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Briano,

I changed the battery for a new one and it cranks fine now. I also confirm that the two pumps works and that the inline is in the right direction. I also verified that the filter that is between the tank and the inline pump is not clogged.
    So I crank the engine and it starts for a few seconds and then dies. I puch the gas pedal and nothing happens. We even changed the fuel pressure valve. I wonder that since the tank was rusted (I changed for a new one) some particles made it to the injectors? other wise, I really don't know what to do. Thank you

Super Moderator briano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond reputebriano1234 has a reputation beyond repute briano1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, lets get to basics.
    Verify that your car is in time, timing is everything. Manually check to see that the crank is at 0tdc, the dimple on the back of the cam is even with the valve cover tin, and or the 0|T that the | is at the finger on the front of the valve cover. and that the rotor is in the middle of the hash mark on the dizzy side frame.

Then you are going to have to do the fuel pressure tests outlined in the Bentley. It could be that you have low pressure, and or the Fuel pressure regulator is wonky. So by doing the Fuel pressure tests we can rule out that as an issue.

After the Fuel pressure tests the we can look at other things, as in have you replaced your Battery to Frame and Frame to engine/tranny ground?
    Starting and then not running on can be due to a loss of Fuel pressure, and I have had the FPR's go wonky...

Have you replaced the Blue CTS sensor, and verified that there are no vacuum leaks?
    IS the Maf connector on the airbox?

I don't think you have contamination of the injectors, otherwise it wouldn't start. You have a Starts but won't run.
    I had a issue where I could start the car and it would idle fine...try to blip the throttle and the car would bog and die....
    It was the Dreaded Crank Gear shear, or in my case the crank bolt was stripped and backed out. To get the bolt out, took 400 psi on a impact, and the crank was ruined.... so we can suspect that but not until we do so other tests.

ie: Fuel Pressure tests.
    replace the grounds if you haven't with 2 off the shelf ones from a parts store.
    What do Divorces, Great Coffee and Cars all have in common?
    They all Start with good GROUNDS.
    Replace all of them that you can, 99 percent of flakiness will disappear.

92, 93 Cabriolet.... 89, and 90 are Deceased.

Junior Member zorro17 is a jewel in the rough zorro17's Avatar
    Thanks

Than you Briano. I didn't have the time to test this again, so I took it to a shop in Weynsboro Pennsylvania that specializes on VW to get it repair. so far, he think the problem is near the fuel rail. Lets see what comes up. Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3