Thoughts on Volkswagen's Goodwill Package?
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on Volkswagen's Goodwill Package?

New Member Capt343 is a jewel in the rough Capt343's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thoughts on Volkswagen's Goodwill Package?

You know, this whole thing puts everyone in a really bad spot. Shocking news, I know... But hear me out. This is mostly venting, but maybe some of you can offer me advice.

Trade-in:

We can't. Who would take an affected model and take it in on a trade? They won't be able to sell it, and they'd be stuck with it since VW would only buy-back from CPO Dealers. So a new/new-to-you car is out of the question.

Private Sale:

Kiss that goodbye. Nobody will buy the car unless they don't plan on ever taking it to VW or diesels are exempt from emissions tests in their area.

Demand money back:

Maybe? But there isn't anything in writing that would make dealers pay the full amount that you paid for the car. So it'll be a long game of negotiations just like always.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Jetta (2013 Jetta TDI). It's starting to act up though, and I might want to get rid of it. But the fact that California and the Feds have shot down the possible solutions to the problem keeps me in limbo and unsure of what I can do. I have no choice but to continue to drive the car, hence adding miles and diminishing the value more than it already has. I'm already out a good chunk of money. I didn't hop on the class-action bandwagon, and am second-guessing myself. But I'm not sure I can continue to wait.

I continue to take it in for service when it needs to be done, and I am becoming less satisfied when I do. I don't know if it's because my trust is slowly dwindling, but I'm just not happy anymore. I don't believe any of us are. But what are we supposed to do? The Goodwill Package is nice, sure. But it should be better. Some of us are out tens of thousands of dollars because we decided to purchase a car that was fuel efficient and environmentally friendly, which turned out to be false. VW should buy back from consumers, not just CPO Dealers...

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

New Member Russ413 is a jewel in the rough Russ413's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Thoughts on Volkswagen's Goodwill Package?

I just came back from our local dealer. According to the sales manager VW is keeping them in the dark. BUT he does not believe that VW is planning to do anything. Then he said " You did get the $1000 , didn't you? " I told him I did but not until reading the part about it not affecting any settlement in the future. In short I do not know any more than I did when I walked through the door. Except their attitude has hardened . BTW they did offer to buy mine back at cut-throat price about 6 months ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2