Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  le0n 
#1 ·
I took my 2015 cc executive to the dealer with a thumping noise coming from the rear while stopped. They kept it 2 days to tell me they can't figure it out. It sounds like something bumping the fuel tank. It doesn't do it all the time. Are there 2 fuel pumps in this car? Left and right? I caught it one time and it seams like it's coming from the left side of the fuel tank. Any ideas???

#2 ·
are you sure it isn't the leak detection pump?

i know the mkv models have LDP that produces a faint thumping sound on start up and a few minutes after driving about a 1/8 of a mile or so. you rarely hear it if the radio is on though.

they can always initiate the Evap sequence and listen as it cycles through the LDP test. anyone with vagcom could do this for you too ;)

good luck.

#3 ·
They said there were no codes. The noise happens more frequently now. I didn't notice it at all for the first 20k miles.the first time I heard it was when I turned the car off and heard a few bumps in a slowing intervals. Now it will do it at regular interval while at stop lights. It thumps hard enough I can feel it slightly in the console.

#5 ·
So here's the deal. The noise is coming from the pump on the left side. As the pressure in the tank changes, the tank flexes causing the slides to creak and sounds like thumping from the tank. Gerald Jones VW in Augusta tried to tell me it's normal. IDIOTS!! If it were normal, it would have done it from day one. Anyway, the car is not fixed, but I got rid of the car. It's no longer my problem. I will never buy a new VW again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.