Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jessehate 
#1 · (Edited)

this is my gfs car and she doesn't have the owners manual and is about to sell the car and is kinda freaked out about this.

See less See more
#8 ·
Why is she selling the car?

#9 ·
And why doesn't she have the owner's manual of the car?

Bulb out is a simple fix. Check out all exterior bulbs and replace the one not working. Most likely either a rear break/park bulb or a license plate bulb.

#10 ·
yeah it's a rear brake light. how do i get into the light housing to change the bulb?

she is selling the car because she's moving to nyc and won't need it. when she bought the car from the dealr there was no owners manual and she never got the dealer to get her one.

thanks for all the help.

#11 ·
mmm was it a new car? lack of owner manual, with all warranty documents and service schedule and all is highly irregular. I'd have insisted more.

Changing the bulb is a PITA. Was easier on the MkIV.
Remove the flexible trim inside the trunk, remove the connector from the light assembly (a flat screwdriver may help). Take a 10 mm ratchet and unbolt the assembly to take it out towards the rear (outside). Open the sealed box and change the bulb. Reverse order for install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.