Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DaVisionz 
#1 ·
well i was at work and wasnt busy so i pulld my rabbit in to check it over...ever since i got it from my friend (he bought it had it for like 2 months and couldnt make the payments so i took them over) the breaks make a lil noise mostly the left front but the pads are good...so i was goin to clean them and see if that helped..well i was checkn and my rotor has 2 little cracks in it from when my friend almost hit a gaurd rail.. so i wondering where is a good place to get a new rotor without costn a arm and leg...or is there any good brake upgrades i should do that wont be to costly....kinda got other bills to pay...drilld and slot rotors or anything...i dont get to get online much..work like 52 hours this week and need to do somethin soon. thanks:drive:

#2 ·
The general consensus is to stay away from drilled/slotted rotors as they don't provide much, if any upgrade over vented (What the rabbit has) rotors.

The size of your wheels may dictate what you can do with your brakes. You could upgrade to GTI rotors but that requires a min 16" wheel to clear them.

Also, other people will tell you to upgrade the tires or the driver first...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.