Diesel recall, what comes next
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Diesel recall, what comes next

New Member jfregier is a jewel in the rough jfregier's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Diesel recall, what comes next

Completely in line with what I've been thinking! So frustrating, because I really love my 2013 Jetta TDI SportWagen. VW promised us TDI owners performance, fuel economy and low emissions. (So, 2/3...) As a way to recover from the massive PR hit, VW should NOT go cheap on the fix (e.g. software reprogram that ends up addressing the emissions issue but also decreases performance and fuel economy). BMW offers diesel sedans (that use the urea after-treatment system) that get in the low 40s mpg, so the combination of performance, fuel economy and low emissions is possible. I hope the VW management decides to do the right thing, or else many thus-far loyal customers will never purchase one of their products again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

New Member jlarrabee is a jewel in the rough jlarrabee's Avatar
    Thanks

Just saw an article from Bosch rather interesting read for 2.0L engine owners. http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...issions-crisis

Thanks

Hydrogen fuel cell and I'm not troubled.
    Last edited by wolfen; 10-05-2015 at 05:40 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Thanks

I'll keep sipping my Margarita a little while longer before jumpin' the lawyer or lawsuit route.

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j2978tdi View Post
    I'm in california and there is a consumer fraud law that allows an individual to get all attorney's fees, costs and up to 2x their damages. I will have to put in nothing.
    "something for nothing"; not worth it to me.

also, what damages? PTSD?
    09 CW, 2D, Manual w/ Gorilla Skin + Legos

New Member NH 15 Jetta TDI sel is just really nice NH 15 Jetta TDI sel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Be very careful with those class action suits. You know how it works, attorneys get millions and you get a coupon for a car wash. Once you become part of the class and settle your done. I'll wait to see what VW proposes, if anything, and deal with them as an individual plaintiff.
    Class action suit settled with Toyota a few years ago. Lawyers millions, owners got 5$. Retained rights, didn't cash the check.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NH 15 Jetta TDI sel For This Useful Post:

jlarrabee(10-14-2015)

New Member Musser is a jewel in the rough Musser's Avatar
    Thanks

What if I stay away from the recall but have someone update the car with the emissions compliant software before emissions testing, then restore the original software afterwards?

New Member PAssTDI is a jewel in the rough PAssTDI's Avatar
    Thanks

I would be more interested in individual lawsuit, depending on what VW comes up with. No class action! I agree with the others. I want more then a free car wash.
    - Passat TDI owner

New Member Musser is a jewel in the rough Musser's Avatar
    Thanks

Take back the car, replace it with a new one that has urea system?

Junior Member CraigK is just really nice CraigK's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Diesel recall, what comes next

My wife has a 2013 Tiguan with the 2.0 turbo gasoline engine. If VW must mess with my Jetta, I would settle for a new 2.0 turbo gasoline engine in place of the diesel I have. Or swap straight across for an eGolf. These are both highly unlikely scenarios.

New Member LinBrew is just really nice LinBrew's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimshell22 View Post
    My household has 2 2015 VW diesels. My Touareg is ok because it has a Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), a known as urea after-treatment system. My friend with a Golf diesel is on recall. I would ask the ARB and EPA to require VW to retrofit their 2 liter diesel with a Selective Catalytic Reduction system and not do the cheaper software reprogram. With the potential fine of 37,500 per offense I would be very disappointed if the ARB and EPA would not negotiate a lesser fine if VW would spend however thousands of dollars the retrofit would cost. Innocent citizens will be hurt by a cheap fix, the big fines will not help us.
    Is it even possible to retrofit the 2 liter diesel w a SCR?

Guru Member Dubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond repute Dubsy's Avatar
    Thanks

So what happens with a chip tune, how did those guys not spot it.

Junior Member airpizz6 is just really nice airpizz6's Avatar
    Thanks
    To LinBrew's question--- many 2.0 liter diesels were delivered with SCR -- 2014 and 2015 Passats for certain and Jettas (and possibly others) in 2015 (I believe), but these models are still on the recall list. Hopefully they will be removed as the investigation proceeds. Can SCR be retrofitted into other models? Maybe, but the challenge is finding space for the 5 gallon urea tank without taking up half of the trunk space.

New Member rustski is a jewel in the rough rustski's Avatar
    Thanks

It is unclear to me whether a class action lawsuit (such as one “on behalf of all CA owners”) will do automatically on my behalf (this is my current understanding; so I can be compensated even if I do not know of such a lawsuit) or do I have to sign up? – any case, I would not accept their “fix” – this is the way they are trying to cheat us for the second round as they would not have had to cheat with the software had they known how to engineer without affecting performance or efficiency…

New Member NH 15 Jetta TDI sel is just really nice NH 15 Jetta TDI sel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Looks like VW may have decided the electric/hybrid route is the future

http://jalopnik.com/search?q=VW

Scroll down to the Consumer Reports article on post fix mpg

New Member JAG0596 is a jewel in the rough JAG0596's Avatar
    Thanks

Without reading all the comment, I have heard that VW would tune the vehicle down to the "EPA standards". Doing so, you, as the owner, will most likely feel a change in performance. The change will not be so great; it will feel like your driving a classic rabbit diesel.

I honestly think that the scandal is all a bunch of B.S.. I understand the fact that VW initiated an override software, but they really didn't scam the everyday consumer. Do you still obtain 35+ mpg, and/or 600+ miles to a tank? Most of you will say yes, but I also know that some will disagree with my view.

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

NOTE:
    Any post from lawyers or business owners trying to advertise on this thread will most likely be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
    09 CW, 2D, Manual w/ Gorilla Skin + Legos

21. The Following User Says Thank You to le0n For This Useful Post:

jlarrabee(10-19-2015)

Guru Member Dubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond reputeDubsy has a reputation beyond repute Dubsy's Avatar
    Thanks

/\ /\ Wish someone would it's spoiling the thread.

Junior Member airpizz6 is just really nice airpizz6's Avatar
    Thanks
    In response to JAG 0596: I don't think you'll find many folks upset with the performance of their TDI's. Love mine, and have yet to get less than 41MPG on any tankful. But have we been scammed? Per the manual, one should expect to replenish the AdBlue supply every 10000 miles or there abouts. It is still not clear if the defeat device causes the SCR system to operate only during emission testing. If that turns out to be true, the needed mod might result in the AdBlue supply being exhausted every few weeks and the refilling costs far exceeding the savings in fuel costs. Don't know about you, but to me that would be far more than scamming; rather it would be downright criminal.

New Member Chris55 is a jewel in the rough Chris55's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to see this settled between VW and the gov. Leave my TDI out of it, no retrofit, no programming -nothing
    Let the gov't sue VW and build a hospital or plant a forest or cure cancer, whatever. I bought my car in good faith and I don't want it touched. If a amnesty on these cars was announced by the gov't then resale would not be affected or performance or mileage. Problem solved for owners. take it out of VW's hide not mine. Let's face it by the time this is settled many of these cars will be close to being scrapped. the 09s are already 6 years old. It would be simplest for every one. These TDI cars will pass the pre 2010 emissions easily!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast