Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2jakes 
#1 ·
hi I'm buying my first beetle and I found this guy who's sellin 2 one 62 and 71 super beetle he's sending me pictures of them this weekend possibly also goin to go look at them but I'm just wondering he wants 1500 for both bugs and the engines is this a good price? Or what major things should I ask him about the beetles or look for when I go to look at them?

#3 ·
Check for rust in areas that cannot be seen. Check under the floor mats & also the rear seats where the battery is located.
Also the bottom of the doors. The electrical wiring. Gas tank may appear fine on the exterior, but the inside may
have gunk. If there are things that need attention, perhaps the price can be lowered to allow for the repairs that you will
probably have to make in order to enjoy the ride. Are there any repair statements that the seller can provide if he says
that work has been done. It doesn’t cost to ask many questions. If the seller is vague or you feel that you are not
satisfied with the answers. Walk away. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.