Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SMarti018 
#1 ·
Spark plug Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part
Hello everyone, I am still new to the VW world and am currently doing all the maintenance on a 08 Rabbit I purchased with a rebuilt title from some front end damage, mainly broken plastics in front end area and a slightly bent hood and side panel but nothing to bad...

I just swapped out the spark plugs and 4 of them looked like normal used plugs, and the last one (the one on the right closest to the battery) was soaked in a clear liquid... I smelt it and it had no smell, I took a lighter to it to see if it was gas and it didn't light at all... I feel it has to be water or maybe coolant, but it was only that cylinder... The engine has no engine light and it runs great and pulls like a champ.

notice in the included photo the 4 plugs look normal but the 5th one has noticble rust on the plug?

I replaced the spark plug and it fired right up and the car runs like new, but liquid on the plug does concern me... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.