Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

Purchased 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium in Dec 2014 - is a lemon

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  djwhiplash2001 
#1 ·
Searched the forum but could not find the same issue I am experiencing......Just my luck...after owning Acura autos for years, decided to switch to VW and what happens? My new 15 Passat TDI SEL turns out to be a lemon. Has been in the shop for a total of 20 days out of the 69 I have owed it, seven days to replace the ADBLUE injector and the last 13 (since 1/30/15) for an engine oil leak. VW shipping new engine to dealer but I will not take back the car and have told VW that. VW saying they will be giving me another Passat within the next week or so, that is what I want and hopefully VW will step up to the plate and back up what they are promising. If not, well, 10 more days to Nevada Lemon Law territory????

Really enjoyed driving the car, diesel mileage was unbelievable, 36mpg over 1,074 miles. Never had such problems with any new car I have ever had in my life, so extremely disappointed.

#3 ·
Still waiting on the new car, on Feb 17th, I accepted VW's offer to replace with 2015 TDI Passat. Since there are three dealers in Vegas, they should be able to get me one, I would think, fairly quickly. My dealer, Findlay North VW, has been great; the Service Director, Internet Director, and Sales guy have all gone the extra mile to help. They gave me a V6 Passat loaner on 1/30, but I would rather have the new car, would feel more comfortable driving that than the loaner.

#4 ·
Latest info: VW corporate signed paperwork to replace vehicle on Tuesday, 2/24/15. Still waiting word on how long it will take. The "lemon" has been repaired, new engine installed, car is at the dealer in a safe place. I told dealer I do not want the car back; they are ok with that and allowing me to keep driving the loaner until new car is provided.

#5 ·
VW is building me a new car at the factory, should be here in a couple weeks. Am I the only one on this forum who has had this problem? If so, then either VW builds the greatest cars in the world and I got the short straw, or everyone I know who has owned a VW and told me how often they had to take their car in for repairs is not telling the truth.

#6 ·
All manufacturers have lemons. You usually only hear from those that have problems. I've had 4 VWs over the last 11 years (personal and work) and while they've had a few minor issues, they were all covered by warranty and none of which rendered the vehicle un-drivable. Hopefully this is just bad luck and you'll experience no such issues with the new VW.

#8 ·
Replacement car delivered on 3/24/15. Picked it up yesterday, beautiful vehicle, had 7 miles on it direct from factory. VW also threw in extra items, including lip spoiler. Couldn't be more pleased. Larry Tinnin, the Service Manager at my dealer Findlay North VW, started the ball rolling by telling VW they needed to replace original vehicle and sure enough, VW came through on their own by replacing under the Nevada Lemon Law. They did not have to do it, could have made me jump thru hoops to get a new car or my money back (google Mercedes Benz Lemon Law Fletcher Jones Imports and you will see what I mean), but they went the extra mile in customer service. And my sales guy at Findlay, Ty Shigemoto, was also involved in every step, he and Larry kept me constantly informed. Any members who live in Vegas and looking for a new VW, go to Findlay North and ask for Ty, you won't be disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.