Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dubsy 
#1 ·
Just replaced the OEM Perilli Scorpion Zero Assimetrico tires on my 2011 SE 4motion. I was going to get the same tires but at $200/each, they are pricey. Instead, tire rack has a special on Perilli Scorpion Verde All Season tires for $125/eaxh. They are Grand Touring tires vs. Performance tires (which the OEMs were). I figured it wouldn't make that much of a difference since both tire styles are for cross overs/SUV's and both are Perilli and highly regarded in terms of performance. However, I have been driving on the Grand Touring tires for a couple days and my Tig seems to have a lot of that sporty feel missing. Like its soul has been removed and it feels like a generic car when driving. The Verde's have great reviews, and even have better off-road capabilities than the OEMs, but it doesn't feel as zippy as it did on the other tires. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it just the difference between touring vs performance tires?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.