Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  briano1234 
#1 ·
So I gave an 80 rabbit 1.6 CIS with a different steering wheel it originally came with. My head and taillights work BUT my blinkers or hazards dont work...help me brothers!

#2 · (Edited)
Fuse f4 or f19 blown. Older ones could be f2 and f19... Check your fuses.

ps Moving to the general forum.

#4 ·
What about my fuel economy? Seems terrible...why? Is it the timing? Because I have a 3 speed auto trans? Any ideas?

Yes, Its an AUTO

A
utos get bad mileage compared to a Manual. I used to get 50-55 on my 4spd diesel and about the same after 12 years swapping it to a 5spd.
My manual cabby could get 40-42 mpg on the highway @ 70 with 93 octane in town it wasn't too bad at 27.
My Auto cabbys get about 19-22 in town and about 27 0r 30 on the highway at 70.

DIaling in a Diesel is exercise in timing the Injection pump with a dial gauge. I haven't used a dial gauge on a diesel since about 98, and there are other here on the forum that are more and have newer than my 15 year old memories.

#6 ·
Sorry bought that.
I would suggest that you do a full tune up.
Plugs (NGK)
Wires
Cap
Rotor

Then you need to set your Duty Cycle and others things on the CIS to get better mileage.
see: www.cabby-info.com Kam has all the tune up material for the CIS engines on Duty cycle and stuff.
I would also get some SEAFoam and drop it in the tank and allow it to work to clean junk and stuff out of the fuel system.

You mileage should be in the 19-22 mpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.