Remove Scuff Marks from Interior Door Panel?
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove Scuff Marks from Interior Door Panel?

Senior Member jchimpo91 is a jewel in the rough jchimpo91's Avatar
    Thanks

Remove Scuff Marks from Interior Door Panel?

I have made some scuff marks on the lower part of my interior driver's side door panel from brushing my foot against it while getting out of the vehicle. Any decent way to get rid of these? Ive cleaned them up, which helped, but the marks are still there.
    08 2DR UG Tiptronic w/ iPod, ESP, Cold Weather, Shadowed Side Markers and 35% Tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member bennyadgar is a jewel in the rough bennyadgar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know what you mean, but im careful, its the people who go in the passenger seat.
    any suggestions would be great.

_Ben
    5 Speed, 4 Door, United Gray, Ipod Mount, yo yo- MOMO!

Junior Member northwest is a jewel in the rough northwest's Avatar
    Thanks
    haha, just thinking about it. just bought my car last week, and it has these marks from my shoe brushing against it when i get in. it's tough to avoid too. i dont want permanent marks on them.
    2008.rabbit.3door.unitedgrey.5speed

Junior Member Spidey is a jewel in the rough Spidey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They work well on getting hockey puck marks off equiptment they may help in this situation. I am not sure if they will or what they will do to the interior plastic so test on a inconspicuos area first...

Thanks
    I wouldn't trust a magic eraser to do this. I am afraid it would be too abrasive on the surface and maybe alter the color of the panel where it was used (this happened on some other plastics I used the eraser on in my house).
    08 2DR UG Tiptronic w/ iPod, ESP, Cold Weather, Shadowed Side Markers and 35% Tint

Junior Member Jim_E22 is a jewel in the rough Jim_E22's Avatar
    Thanks
    i have these marks also I used armor all wipes to clean and then the protectant wipes to try and prevent them, it helps a little bit but i have a few scuffs on the plastic on the driver's seat that have been cleaned and are just from the plastic itself getting torn/rubbed so i don't think that its fixable without redoing the texture on the plastic, furthermore on this point i've been thinking about fashioning some sort of kickplate to help protect these parts.

Topless Moderator
    kitty is a splendid one to behold kitty's Avatar
    Thanks
    i just use a spraybottle with water and woolite (six parts water, one part woolite) and a microfiber towel. if you've gouged the plastic, nothing will get rid of that, but woolite and water is good for dirt, which it appears is generally what i get on the door panel.

i had an actual SCUFF on the rocker from a red leather shoe. it looked like someone took a red china marker to it, and nothing was getting rid of it. finally i tried a wet dryer sheet, came right off. don't know if you want to use this on the inside, again test it somewhere first, but if anyone gets a scuff on the paint below the door, this worked wonders.
    i'm outdoorsy in that i like getting drunk on patios.

"J" to the Snod. snottyrabbit is a glorious beacon of light snottyrabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like 303 to clean and protect...along with a micofiber. If that doesn't work I have some mild orange cleaner that I will use followed up with 303.
    06 Rabbit (Sold)
    08 .:R32

Quote Originally Posted by MK5CNY View Post
    ...our engine covers are smooth as Snot.

Semi-retarded since 2008
    kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use baby wipes, they get just about everything out. I've even gotten blood out of the carpet in my truck before, works great.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_E22 View Post
    i have these marks also I used armor all wipes to clean and then the protectant wipes to try and prevent them, it helps a little bit but i have a few scuffs on the plastic on the driver's seat that have been cleaned and are just from the plastic itself getting torn/rubbed so i don't think that its fixable without redoing the texture on the plastic, furthermore on this point i've been thinking about fashioning some sort of kickplate to help protect these parts.
    If you do end up making these, let us know how it turned out.....

Topless Moderator
    kitty is a splendid one to behold kitty's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiserhd View Post
    I've even gotten blood out of the carpet in my truck before, works great.
    ...dare i ask?
    i'm outdoorsy in that i like getting drunk on patios.

Senior Member FateG7 is a jewel in the rough FateG7's Avatar
    Thanks
    I use baby wipes, they get just about everything out. I've even gotten blood out of the carpet in my truck before, works great.
    this sounds like a good story.
    2008 Black 2 Door 5 Speed Rabbit
    16" Magny Cours Alloy Wheels
    Blue Brake Calipers
    Carbonio Cold Air Intake

Semi-retarded since 2008
    kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd has a reputation beyond repute kiserhd's Avatar
    Thanks
    I went rock climbing, free style I guess you would call it. No ropes or safety equipment etc. Just man some talc powder and the rocks. We'll I got attacked by killer bees (africanized bees - the agressive ones), fell about 35 ft. According to my friends I actually bounced got up and ran to my truck like nothing happened. I drove to the Naval hosptial, I almost broke my arm clean through. And I caught a bunch of rocks on the way down. I didnt have finger prints for a while, and it looked like a tiger clawed my arm. Needless to say there was blood in my truck. Oh and reflexes suck, its not a smart thing to swat at bees stinging the back of your head while your hanging onto a rock by just fingertips.

Guru Member PaleRabbit is a jewel in the rough PaleRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    I went rock climbing, free style I guess you would call it. No ropes or safety equipment etc. Just man some talc powder and the rocks. We'll I got attacked by killer bees (africanized bees - the agressive ones), fell about 35 ft. According to my friends I actually bounced got up and ran to my truck like nothing happened. I drove to the Naval hosptial, I almost broke my arm clean through. And I caught a bunch of rocks on the way down. I didnt have finger prints for a while, and it looked like a tiger clawed my arm. Needless to say there was blood in my truck. Oh and reflexes suck, its not a smart thing to swat at bees stinging the back of your head while your hanging onto a rock by just fingertips.
    Wow. It was a great story.

Next thread: how to get scuff marks out of your #@$
    Pale Rabbit
    What's that? Why yes, I am an @$*hole.
    Check out the Bad Movie Fiends Podcast! http://bmfcast.com
    Annnd check out my other podcast, No Quarters! http://noquarters.net

Semi-retarded since 2008
    Thanks
    Bahahaha

Yeah I think I need to see that thread. I've got a lot of scars from stooopid crap.

Semi-retarded since 2008
    Thanks
    Atleast I can say this. Out of all those bees that stung me not a single one lived past that day. Dirty lil bastards.

Thanks
    I don't mean to interrupt the great story (I see the bees got what they deserved)....

The baby wipes worked amazingly well. I am sold.

+ Reply to Thread