Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Rlinegriff 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Passat TDI and have experienced problems with the electronic stability control (ESC) engaging unnecessarily. I like to corner quickly but don't consider myself lead footed or overly aggressive. I've owned the Passat two months and the ESC has engaged at least a half dozen times always on dry pavement and at speeds that present no problem for my Nissan Xterra! I did find a Car and Driver review that listed the top cornering capability for the Passat at 0.83 g and noted that it was ESC limited. I don't believe that I'm approaching anything close to 0.83 g but thought it interesting that C&D noted the cornering ability of the Passat as being ESC limited. A young tech at the dealer is interested in the problem and is going to download values from the ESC controller and see if any are out of range. I'll get back to the forum if I find out anything useful. In the meantime I find myself very surprised by this performance limitation in a car that has sporting pretensions.

#2 ·
I have a 13 with the 2.5 and have the same issue. I have coilovers and summer tires and absolutely hate the ESP system on this car. I have had 8 VW or Audi cars and all had the option to turn off the system. I autocross this car and am beat by older Jetta Diesels because I can't turn it off and it brakes me though the corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.