VW Rabbit Forum " wiring diagram for rabbit" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wiring diagram for rabbit

GRUNGE is a jewel in the rough GRUNGE's Avatar
    Thanks

wiring diagram for rabbit

I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone happened to have the electrical wiring diagram for the rabbit. I have a guy whos triying to install an alarm and remote start on my car, but the wiring diagram from the company that he is part of apparantly gave him the gti diagram. Since hes so cautious he doesnt want to do anything until we get this squared away.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks
    A: Don't let him touch your car if he hasn't done a million vw's.

B: Do not get an alarm installed. You have one already. Install a motion sensor and hook it up to your factory alarm...but that's it.

C: The wiring diagram is vin specific. Your dealer can get it, but it's hundreds of pages long and they are damn sure gonna charge you for it IF they even give it to you.

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

Thanks
    He hasn't done a million persay, but he's done a few notably a friends r32. Hasnt screwed up anyones vw yet.

He already wired the door jams trunk and dome lights.. I wish I would known that the factory alarm was competent, I just read snotty's post I think it was that talked about the alarm going off the next morning after a robbery.

I guess I'll need to go to the dealer, hopefully they are having a good day.

Thanks for the info nitroscope!

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks
    GTI's are the same as a rabbits....they just have more stuff. The wire diagrams will specify which car it belongs to if he has the correct german diagram. Like it will say *for halogen light **for xenon light *** for led light and you just determine which it has.

The factory alarm needs a motion sensor or glass breakage sensors. You can add these in and tie them in with the hood switch.

This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work

Thanks
    Ok, ill ask about the glass breakage sensors, it makes sense to have those.

Thanks.

Guru Member tibimakai has much to be proud of tibimakai's Avatar
    Thanks
    where is the alarm unit located?
    2008 SB,auto,H&R S spings,18" Koya Racing,Falken 912,Kenwood DNX5120+BT,Gentex mirror w/compass/Homelink,painted lowers,GLI side skirts,HID,custom LED fogs,mid muffler removed

I'm broke
    Thanks
    Not in any one module. The door modules get a signal from the latches and that signal is sent to the gateway control module near the brake, then it's sent to the comfort module behind the glovebox.

Gateway is where the powertrain, infotainment, and comfort CAN busses centralize. This module also controls "sleep" mode for the modules. The door latch beingopen makes all the modules wake up and the alarm sounds. Then all the modules get the alarm signal to shut down the engine, and make the lights go flash and the alarm horn to sound.

Good luck lol...

VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video