Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
7K views 41 replies 37 participants last post by  FateG7 
#1 ·
hey guys I was wondering who has the most miles and how the car is running any problems?

i got 540 miles on my dark blue 4 dr auto. 3 days old :)

#2 ·
my vote goes to sarah, i know her miles are up there.

i'm at 12,400, had it for a year on january 23rd.

i don't think anyone can top the miles my boyfriend puts on his car. he got his sky in march last year and he's up to 41k now, and it's not his only car.

#6 · (Edited)
April 19, 2007 9 miles
Jan 30, 2008 13,477 miles
[Edit] April 19, 2008 19,150 miles (1yr anniv-added K&N air filter)
Ave 27mpg

No major expenses, just oil changes and tire rotation.

#17 ·
Compared to you guys, I have a little baby grey rabbit.
purchased on Jan. 29, 2008 :15 miles
Currently: 400 miles more or less
Haven't gone out for a cruise yet.

#22 ·
Aug. 9 2007 283 miles
Now 5200 miles

Dumb question, but you do realize that you need a special tool to compress the rear calipers, right? You need to twist them clockwise WHILE compressing them. If you don't do this you will mess them up. Read your owners manual. The manual states EXACTLY what hte service manager said. 12k miles on brake pads for warranty, THATS IT. If they replaced them at no charge to you, then the dealer eats the cost. Why should the dealer pay for something NOT in warranty? If you have a problem with VW warranty, contact vw and take it out on them. The dealer only follows the rules.

That is like you getting mad at someone going 5 under the speed limit and you passing them on the right. A cop sees this and pulls you over and writes you a summons for illegal passing. Then you get mad at the cop for getting a ticket and post on forums about ways to get out of a ticket ALL because you broke the law and should be mad at the guy going slow, not the cop.

#26 ·
Dumb question, but you do realize that you need a special tool to compress the rear calipers, right? You need to twist them clockwise WHILE compressing them. If you don't do this you will mess them up. Read your owners manual. The manual states EXACTLY what hte service manager said. 12k miles on brake pads for warranty, THATS IT. If they replaced them at no charge to you, then the dealer eats the cost. Why should the dealer pay for something NOT in warranty? If you have a problem with VW warranty, contact vw and take it out on them. The dealer only follows the rules.
I do realize that you have to have a special tool to compress the rear calipers. I am not upset about the fact that my pads needed to be replaced at 18,000 miles. I wouldn't have had an issue with just pads, even rotors since they are supposed to be replaced at the same time.

My issue was the huge disparity between the differences in the pads. Something that different, as far as I know, should not be caused due to driving style. It is not as if I am driving a tractor that has a brake for the left side and the right side. The caliper obviously was the cause of the problem, so the pads wearing unevenly should not have been my responsibility to cover. I realize that pad warranty ends at 12,000 miles but they were not to blame...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.