Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
13K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Turtlenorthwest 
#1 ·
A couple of questions regarding the above.

When I select "voicemail" from the telephone menu, I'm prompted to enter the vm password. Is there a way to incorporate the password into the phone number stored in the car? For instance, entering some symbol to designate a pause, then the password.

I also do not get text message tones through either the bluetooth or my phone when it's connected to the car. Any ideas?

I have an iPhone 5S and Verizon is my cell phone provider.

Thanks for any input!

Dana

#3 ·
No idea about the voice mail issue, but for text messages, check and see if your phone as a setting for "use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for Speech." I'm one of those weird Window's phone guys, but my 2015 Jetta would not read text messages or notify me that I received them. Once I checked that box in the Bluetooth settings of my phone, it worked. I just looked at an iPhone 5s and it didn't appear to have that setting, but it could be in a different menu. Never had one, so not sure where to look...

#4 ·
Thanks Turlenorthwest. What kind of phone do you have? I see you said its a windows based phone. Wife is using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I have a HTC One M9, and neither of us have gotten the text to be read out loud. Glad you got it to work on yours. Hope we can figure it out. Been researching all over the internet and checking out APPS. Volkswagen even said (main headquarters) that reading of text over Bluetooth is not possible. But you and few others disagree with that. Its just figuring it out, or what phones are capable. I don't see that option you mention on my phone. but will keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.