Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  deemfingtee 
#1 ·
This is my first post, but I have a fairly simple question about my Jetta. There is a fluid reservoir next to the air filter in my 1983 Jetta, and I am trying to figure out what fluid is in it. My guess is that it is the automatic transmission fluid, but I haven't been able to open it to check the fluid or the fluid level. It is a black reservoir with a black lid and a 2 inch diameter orange cap on top of it. If anyone knows what it is, it would be much appreciated. I have looked in my Haynes manual, but it does not talk about the automatic transmission (standard only).

I've attached a picture of someone else's Jetta (briano1234), where you can clearly see the fluid reservoir. It is the orange-capped reservoir in between the radiator and the white reservoir with the blue lid.

Again, this is not my Jetta, and it is a newer model, but I simply wanted to have a picture to show of the reservoir in question.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.