Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  GTI VR6 
#1 ·
I'm interested Jetta owner opinions on a couple things.

1. What year MK6 Jetta TDI do you like most, and why?

2. What don't you like about the same year/model?

It's okay if you only have experience with one year model TDI. Please be specific about question 2. There are no right or wrong answers and you don't need to be a vehicle expert, just an experienced owner. Tell me the good, bad and the ugly about the MK6 Jetta TDI. No like or dislike is too small to mention. It's all important as I get ready to shop for one. Things to consider when answering the questions above:

Engine (reliability, power output, acceleration, torque, fuel consumption, milage)
Transmission (reliability, responsiveness, shifting, smooth/not-smooth)
Breaks (stopping power, smooth/not-smooth, noise, responsive, stopping distance)
Suspension (smooth ride, ridged, grips the road, other)
Construction (doors/trunk/moon roof fit and operation)
Paint (quality, durability)
Interior (road noise, seat comfort, leg space, window tint, stereo, power seats, power windows, power mirrors, moon roof, floor mats, carpet, aesthetics, ergonomics)
Handling (tight, loose, understeer, oversteer, cornering)
Fuel Consumption (best & worst experienced in the city and highway)

If there are other things to point out that aren't mentioned above, please do. Thanks for everyone's feedback!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I have fairly limited experience with the mk6 TDI's but I'll at least respond. My son now drives a '13 Jetta sedan, 6MT after having driven an '00 mk4 with the 5 MT, both TDI's. The mk6 is obviously a significantly larger vehicle with a much roomier interior, while it handles pretty decently yet and provides a nice driving experience. My wife and I just recently purchased our first TDI, a '14 JSW 6MT. So same drive train, I think a slightly narrower vehicle than the sedan, built on the older platform. The advantages of the JSW include the increased cargo capacity and that really great Pano sun roof. In addition our JSW is equipped with much bigger touch sensitive screen as well as a reversing camera. Our unit has the 6 disc in dash CD changer, can't recall if his does or not. Both units are Blue Tooth equipped. There both really nice vehicles, which one one would prefer depends greatly on priorities. With all the trouble that the MK6's had in years '10-12 with the high pressure fuel pump issue I'd probably try to stay clear of them if I were shopping used cars. Though even there the numbers of cars affected hasn't been that terribly high the cost of repair has often been.

#4 ·
Whatever54,
Thank you for the reply. Great feedback, especially the information about the 2010-2012 fuel pump issues. Others have mentioned the same problem with the Jetta DTI but weren't able to tell me which years were affected. Do others have an opinion. I'm still interested in other people's thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.