Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
7K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  GRUNGE 
#1 ·
So, I took my car to the shop the other day to get the new stereo installed, blah, blah, blah.....Well, I wanted a kick-@$$ alarm installed as well.

Viper, the "alarm of alarms" cannot be installed at this time on 06, 07, or 08 Rabbits. I even called Viper....I thought the shop may be feeding me a line. SO, I called Direct Electronics and three other stereo/alarm shops. Nothing, notta, zip, zilch.....

Any ideas?

#8 ·
Why? Because someone already smashed in my f***&&& window and stole about a grand worth of electronics. Guess when the alarm went off? Any guess? When cop opened the door the next morning.

I am not worried about a freakin' warranty....the OEM...*ahem*...alarm is garbage.

#12 ·
you're not alone man...granted i didn't get anything stolen, but the oem alarm system does suck!

my doors won't even lock and i keep putting more and more money into my car and im scared someone might steal something or the whole car.

so im on board man. ill start looking around and try talking to some people...see what i can get.

#13 ·
I am thinking that someone in the SOCAL area that lives near the Direct Electronics headquarters could take his/her car over there and have them put a Viper alarm on said car. THEN, there would be "tech papers" for them to put one on mine..........only thing is......they have to completely dismantle your car.

#17 ·
If your in the Toronto area, Moe @ Safe and Sound has installed a few viper alarms with starters on the mk5's... back in the early 2000's Moe was one of the first to install Compustar's on the mk4s... hes gone away from compustar and now deals with only viper alarms... I called him last week to confirm that hes able to. Safe and Sound is the FAQ's in the canadian forums on tex... small shop, but customer service and satisfaction has always been his main priority which is why i guess his shop has grown through word of mouth with out any other form of advertising!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.