Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  jelder16 
#1 ·
So I bought new foglights that go into the bottom grills. My headlights that are on my car already have foglights in them. What do i do to wire the aftermarket foglights? Any info would be great.

#2 ·
Where did you buy these fog lights and what brand are they? Do you have a Euro switch to operate them? Most fog lights installation will take some time even when they are OEM or aftermarket by Hella or other trusted brands. More info on what you have would help.

#4 ·
What do you mean your headlights have foglights? What year is your Jetta? If it's a MkV Jetta you do not have foglights in your headlight cluster. The individual lights are low beam headlights, city lights, and highbeams.

I'll respond to your PM here rather than typing the info in two different places. I installed the ones on my Rabbit but followed and excellent DIY for oem fog lights. I bought the proper wiring harness, lights, switch and installed them as if they had been installed at the factory. I've never heard of the fog lights you have so I'm not sure what you need to do for what you have. You'd need a power source, grounding, and switch installation. If you want to use a Euro switch instead of a separate switch you need a trigger wire from the switch to the cecm and a wire from the harness to the proper cecm relay. You would also need to activate the fog lights via VCDS/Vagcom which is the diagnostics software used to access the various electronic components of the car.

#6 ·
Ok. I assumed you had a Mk5 Jetta. I know Mk4s have a fog light in the headlight cluster but I'm not familiar with how all that works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.