Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
23K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Madibias 
#1 ·
My 2007 Jetta 2.0t has 55K miles. Oil pressure warning light with 3 beeps started to come on. Oil level is fine. not leaking oil. took to dealership few weeks ago and had sensor replaced. They said oil pressure was fine. Now warning light w/ beeps is back. Any ideas?

#3 ·
I have a 2006 jetta 2.0t. Oil pan (and obviously oil and filter) were just changed. I now have the same problem. Curious wha the problem is. Ive heard it could the switch, or the hose which clogs up. It comes on at low RPM or once ive slowed down from speed. I really hope it nots the oil Pump as thats a very expensive part on an FSI (vs a TSI where its a couple of hundred bucks).

#4 ·
The dealership had the car for a three weeks. They changed sensor twice, changed the screen, then changed the oil pump. This only fixed the problem temporarily. The warning light is back on and so are the beeps. My experience is the same as yours--comes on when at low rpms and once have slowed down from speed. Car is back at dealership again.

#7 ·
[First post]

I have a 2009 Jetta TDi (Wolfsburg Edition, approx. 77K mi) and have been having the same problem as of last week. I've brought the car in twice for a diagnostic (inconclusive, btw), changed the oil filter and oil, yet the problem pursues.

Pep Boys instructed that I bring the car to the dealership, but wanted to approach as a last resort.

My gut tells me that it can be an issue with the sensor (the engine doesn't seem to have visible/audible irregularities), but taking it in to make sure.

ARE THERE ANY MEASURES I CAN TAKE BEFORE I BRING TO THE DEALER?

Any help is really appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.