Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  CraigK 
#1 ·
I just broke down and bought it today. I had to say goodbye to my MkV GTI and pulled the trigger.

So far, so good- the car meets my expectations. It has enough power to get out of it's own way.

Ended up deciding on the Premium +NAV (I wanted the 17's and the foglights)

I miss a few gauges, I miss the old MFD and my paddle shifters.

#5 ·
So, dragon, did you happen to compare the Jetta to the Passat when you were making your purchase decision?

I bought a 2012 TDI Jetta after owning a 2010. I was blind to the changes VW made to the Jetta because I was so excited about new body style and the upgrade to the Fender sound system. The 2012 model came without dashboard gauges, a compass and independent suspension to name a few things.

I didn't look at the Passat at the time but if I had to do it over again, I'd have opted for the Passat.

#6 ·
Nice. Good for you. I just bought a 2014 jetta highline I love it full load tdi. Am very happy with the power it has i also have a 97 jetta. Diesel but it's not the tdi very under powered but great on fuel. Iam also new to this site. Hopefully I can learn more about these VW cars couse olive them. They are so sturdy and built tuff

#8 ·
Congratulations!

We are right behind you; we bought a 2014 Jetta wagon TDi, with a manual stick shift. The best combination of practical utility and fun we could find in our price range. The diesel pulls hard; I've hit the rev limiter a few times already ;-)

We went for the premium (but not NAV as my wife vastly prefers Waze on her phone).

Aside from the stick, I was really happy to have real, big, analog "steam" gauges. So much nicer than the artificial gauges on most of the popular hybrids.

#9 · (Edited)
I bought a 2013 TDI Jetta in Nov 2012. I had checked out the Jettas earlier, but they were a tad too small, esp in the back seat, so I bought after the larger ones came out. While I do wish it had come with a temperature gauge (what is up with that, anyway?), I love the car. IRS? How many folks can really tell the difference between that and a torsion beam axle? Not one in 100, I'll bet. Soft touch dash? I don't spend a lot of time feeling up my dash, and the hard plastic one is much easier to wipe clean of dust, etc. As I said, I really love this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.