Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  briano1234 
#1 ·
Ive had. 89 fox for a bit and its a great little car but i am about to get a 79 rabbit because i thought it would be a nice restoration project but seeing it now the rabbits body/ frame is pretty shot and wont hold up so im planning on putting the diesel engine in my fox and it needs to be rebuilt and fix the compression (valves) and im getting my footing in mechanical work and going to trade school to start a career in being an auto tech. Im just wondering if anybody can give me hints or tips on doing this. I have both service manuals to answer most questions because when in doubt read a book. Anybody do this or know somebody who dd a similar swap engine mounts basically bolt right up and the guys at my local vw dealer say its very doable and trans wont be a issue but once again anybody have thoughts or offer some insight to what im about to take on?

#2 ·
Moving this out of the DIY threads, as that if really for Frequently answered questions, and how do I do it's.

Well placing the Diesel in a gasser, remove the cat, and the fuel pumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.