Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  akcoalroller 
#1 ·
hey guys. so i ended up with a gnarly bent valve right after i got my injection pump timing just right. so the head is now scuffed up and i have to get it machined if i can. in the mean time i ended up buying another n/a 1.6l from an 85. got a free garret turbo from a lady i bought a new 5spd from. also ended up with another injection pump from a turbo diesel rabbit.

the plan is to swap the turbo, manifolds, injection pump and the injectors from the turbo rabbit. oil drain and all of that will be taken care of once i find the lines somewhere on the internet...have ARP studs on order, i plan on perhaps bumping the timing and increasing fuel flow once i get gauges installed. so now i come to the point where i am looking for a performance cam. do they even make such a thing?

has anyone done this swap before that has pointers? questions and comments please. thanks guys.

and just for fun, here is a current picture of the car. more parts on the way. should be here tomorrow.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.