Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rowedf 
#1 ·
I rented a 2013 Passat and got a stone chip to big to be repaired and need to replace the windshield. When I call the shops for a quote they say does it have rain sensing wipers or not? There is not automatic wiper settings on the wiper arm so I am assuming that it does not have them.

But it looks like there is a sensor on the rear view mirror on the windshield, I am not sure if its for the auto headlights. So do I have rain sensing wiper or not, that is my question?

If I do have them, does the sensor need to be replace with the new windshield? I looked on this website and the windshield doesn't seem to come with the sensor.
http://www.vwparts2go.com/oem-part/.../body-hardware/glass/windshield/561845011envb

and the sensor is 181$ I hope I don't have to replace it.

This is a Canadian Passat, I am not sure if it changes anything.

#2 ·
My dealer told me the other day (cause I'm currently looking at passats) that they do HAVE them but they are not activated. He said the dealer will not turn them on for you but anyone that works on VW's easily can. So I'm assuming the sensors there but it's not active. This is a USA dealership that told me this but being in North America I'd assume the information applies for your Passat's too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.