VW Rabbit Forum " Hella GTI headlights w/ aftermarket HID kit" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hella GTI headlights w/ aftermarket HID kit

Member cbs_24 is a jewel in the rough cbs_24's Avatar
    Thanks

Hella GTI headlights w/ aftermarket HID kit

I have a set of Hella GTI/R32 projectors (These http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...lights/ES6476/) that I got for a pretty good deal that I am looking to install on my Rabbit.

I have the 10 to 12 pin adapter coming over from Germany through Kufatec, which I thought would make this a simple install. Then I bought a retarded expensive aftermarket HID kit from theretrofitsource.com (This one http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=177). I emailed them, and they assured me it was the correct one. Now sitting here with the headlight and doing a mock installation of the kit, I'm not sure its going to work. The can bus has a separate two prong plug that I have no idea where it goes. Has anyone done this sort of installation that can give me some pointers? thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Hella GTI headlights w/ aftermarket HID kit

Am I better off returning the kit to trs.com (for a 20% restocking fee)? If so, what OEM parts do I still need, and where is the cheapest place to purchase them?

New Member GreyBunnyVW is just really nice GreyBunnyVW's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going through the exact same process, I just bought the Hella GTI projectors. Maybe try uploading photos of the entire setup and wiring harnesses so people can see what you are talking about?

I could really use some help with this topic too as there isnt much clear info about this topic.

Thanks also

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBunnyVW View Post
    Im going through the exact same process, I just bought the Hella GTI projectors. Maybe try uploading photos of the entire setup and wiring harnesses so people can see what you are talking about?

I could really use some help with this topic too as there isnt much clear info about this topic.

Thanks also
    From what I have read, making it work just seemed like to much hassle. I decided to bite the bullet and take the 20% restocking fee from theretrosource.com and return the setup. I'm keeping the Phillips bulbs because I have heard they are superb. I ordered used OEM ballasts through a seller on Amazon. My 10-12 point harnesses finally got off backorder and shipped, so I should have them soon. Just need to purchase OEM ignitors, and figure out the part number for the screws that mount the ballasts to the headlight housing, so I can get everything squared away and installed.

+ Reply to Thread