Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
20K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Crazy Harry 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 CC with the extra pull down compartment in the glove box for an Ipod. Don't have an Ipod, would like to use the space for something else. Can that little accessory be removed & unplugged leaving me a pocket for other things?

#2 ·
If your talking about the cable connector - yes you can remove it. VW sells various interface cables, i.e. USB if you store your music that way. If you want to remove the whole drop down sub-compartment, someone else may have more info.

Harold.

#4 · (Edited)
http://www.drivergear.vw.com/vw10/SKUDetailsVW10F000051446C.asp

This is the iPod cable in your glovebox drop down compartment (follow the link in case the image doesn't show). The left side is the iPod end, the right is the end that can be unplugged from the compartment, just squeeze the button on the connector and pull it straight out. I know you don't need this info, but this cable is what you change if you want to connect other accessories directly to the radio MDI interface.

Harold.

#5 ·
YES> You can remove that whole mdi interface and use just the storage area that is there.

Reactions: MrData
#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.