Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
52K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Roberto0105 
#1 ·
How do you setup the Auto Tilt down feature on the side mirrors? The user manual indicates how to do it, but it doesn't work on mine. Is this feature available on all CC trim lines? I have the 2011 CC Sport with manual transmission.

#2 ·
I've noticed in many places the manual should have the line... "Depending on the options you have purchased..."
I was in the dealership today asking about things that can be personalized to the individual keys. It would be nice to at least have the seats personalized but mine doesn't have that option. I don't have the "SET, 1, 2, 3" switches on the side of the drivers seat. They did tell me though, that the technician could set those things by programming the computer. He told me it was a $60 procedure but, since I just bought the car from them recently, they would do it for me one time for free.

#3 ·
You have to have the programmable features, i.e, the memory seat option with SET, 1, 2, 3 on the side of the drivers seat. The tilt down only works for the passenger side mirror. Here are the instruction in the manual ("Memory for front passenger side mirror (when backing up)" page 137 in mine for the 2011 CC Canadian version):

1. Choose the remote control key that will be used with the settings to be made.
2. Unlock the vehicle with the remote control key.
3. Apply the electronic parking brake.
4. Switch on the ignition (don't start engine).
5. Shift the transmission into neutral.
6. Activate the function "Mirror down" in the "Settings - Convenience" menu on the dash display.
7. Select reverse gear.
8. Adjust the passenger side mirror for a clear view of the curb, for example.
9. The adjusted mirror position is automatically stored and assigned to the vehicle key used to unlock the vehicle. The preselected position will be recalled when the key assigned to that mirror adjustment is used again.

To recall this passenger side mirror position:
1. Turn the adjusting knob for the side mirrors to the R position.
2. Shift the transmission into reverse gear with the ignition switched on.
3. The mirror moves back to the regular position when the vehicle moves forward faster than about 10 mph (16 km/h) or the adjusting knob is turned to 0 or L.

Hope this helps,

Harold.

#4 ·
Re: How do you setup the Auto tilt down side mirrors???

Hi I tried to do this on my cc gt 2012 model, unfortunately the mirror down function is absent from the settings menu, is their a fix for this, adjusting mirrors when reversing would be good, especially for my alloys

best regards

Roberto

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.