Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rabbitlaw 
#1 ·
This part is obsolete, or so I was told by 2 different shops (one that specializes in VWs the other in Rabbits) but they couldn't tell me what an alternative might be.

Long story short I blew my engine head and replaced a LOT of parts on my car. Guess which one I didn't replace? The radiator fan switch. Turns out that's pretty important if you don't want your car to overheat and your engine to blow. It took ONE drive to work to realize I still had heating issues and two questions to my mechanic to figure out that this lil bugger was the problem.

Specifically, I need to replace the radiator fan switch but they don't make it anymore. I purchased a single speed switch with two prongs and realized when I went to plug it in that no, it was not the right one. The doggle it plugs into has two plugs, but I'm not sure how to replace it (or if that needs replacing?)

I attached a picture. If someone has a used one or a workaround I would greatly appreciate it. And I'm pretty sure the guy who owns my office building would appreciate it too.

Auto part Fuel line Automotive fuel system

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.