Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
41K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Scottybones 
#1 · (Edited)
If someone can tell me if the DVD player can be programmed or hacked such that it can be watched while the car is in motion. I have the rns510 navigation (2012 2.0 CC lux) with single disc CD/DVD player. I have a 5 year old son, and he likes watching cartoons and such from the backseat while i am driving. Due to safety reasons, the DVD cuts off while the car is in motion and only the audio plays. What is the point of having a DVD player in the front if the back passengers and maybe even the front passenger cannot see it. I would never try to watch a DVD while driving. Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I did some research. this website has a download that will work http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/...ree-video-motion-play-dvd-while-driving-9150/ Here is the process I had to go thru:

burned it on a DVD. Put DVD in unit without putting key in ignition. Wait about 30 seconds, will initially get CD/dvd not okay msg, but that quickly goes away. Then it cycles thur for a minute..... At first i got the msg, that my system has newer software and this DVD would not work. Was about to give up, but I ejected DVD, and put it back in (as i read on someone's post on the that website), this time it cycled thru the menus, I hit ok, and then got succeful install msg. Works great, did not mess up anything on my system. I love it. My specs on my secret menu is 3c0035684e HW version H08, SW version 2625, map version 7515 To get to the secret menu, hold the setup button for a few seconds until the 2nd menu comes up, and then hit version on touchscreen to check your specs. I just drove my vehicle to check if DVD player works while in motion.....it works fine....I got so excited, that I went for a drive at 3:30 am in the morning...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.