Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gingwhaa 
#1 ·
hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the vw diesel but have been doing alot of research on them. I wanna put an aux pump (lift pump) on it to help the pump. However, I wanna know the fuel pressure that the injection pump creates so i dont hurt the pump with this new pump. I have a 4-7psi pump that i'm going to mount next to the tank and install a regulator at 2 psi. I just wanna know what kinds of pressure is in the lines and whether or not I need the fuel pressure regulator. Please someone let me know on numbers. Thanks. Oh and the pump is a fresh rebuild so I know I dont need the extra pump but I wanna see what it'll do to help.

#2 ·
They seem to run about 20-40 psi at 1000 engine rpm and up to 150 at 4000 rpm from I read on another forum. I ckecked mine and it was low, so I tapped the regulator spring cap down to raise the pressure. It is verey tricky to get it right. The lift pump might be fine, but shouldn't need it. look for air bubbles moving in the clear line when running. Could be a pin leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.