Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  the5thbeatle 
#1 ·
Hello fellow 'Representers of Deutschland'. I am not new to the VW family, but I am new to diesel engines. I just purchased a new Golf TDI that I absolutely adore, but I am having difficulty finding stations that have B5 or less biodiesel (the fuel recommended in the owner's manual). I'm soon to be traveling from Mississippi to my new home in Colorado (being a military spouse, I tend to move a lot).

All forums and information I have found (although I admittedly haven't fully searched this site) has been from 2007 or under, and all have said it's hard to find B5 fuel or less. Does anyone have more up-to-date intel, or possible know of a chain of stations that consistently offers ULSD B5 or less? Anything is greatly appreciated.

Auf Wiedersehen und Fahrvergnügen!:)

#3 ·
Reactions: Michelle D
#6 ·
#5 ·
Danke shön!

I greatly appreciate that. I was thinking Shell too, but their website provides so little information regarding their biodiesel content. I will definitely be checking them out once my car runs low on fuel. I'm still getting excellent mileage, so luckily it'll be a while before I need to fuel up. :)

#7 ·
I've never seen a station refer to their Diesel as containing a certain percentage of Biofuel. I guess it's like regular gas containing up to 10% ethanol. Will have to look closer next time I fuel up.

#8 · (Edited)
Taken from Shells website

http://www-static.shell.com/static/usa/downloads/fuels/biodiesel_brochure.pdf

Does Shell sell pure biodiesel?
Today Shell does not sell B100 or biodiesel level blends
above B5 to customers. We believe the best way to
increase the use of biofuel components in diesel fuel is
by blending them with regular diesel at levels up to the
maximum percentage recommended by vehicle engine
manufacturers, which currently is a B5 blend
(5% biodiesel/95% regular diesel).
So, find a Shell station and you should be good to go.

#9 ·
Congrats on your TDI.

:W: to vwoc!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.