Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nitroscope8 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought K@N Filter, i use on all of my cars, i have three cars MB CL'S 55 AMG, 928 Porsche all where easy to replace the Air filter with the exception of the 2012 passat. I bought not for performance, but because the car breath easier and is more air on the Intake. I don't want to brake the Engine cover. The Dealer did not want to get involved even so the car is new. Can anyone help me with this issue?
My car is 2.5 engine

Thank you so much

#3 ·
Drive for a good 10 minutes or more to get the engine cover warm. Hotter hte better. Pull up using a firm pulling motion but don't tug. Once you get it off it's 5 screws and you can figure it out from there. I'm telling you now, you won't notice a thing. Your engine runs a tad lean to begin with so there isn't much to improve on with the stock box.

#4 · (Edited)
I was be able to install it, thank you so much However I notice that my mileage per gallon haddecrease. I am not sure if the (MFI) reading different now. While I don't care on my othercars for mileages I purchased this carfor the better mileage. Anyone that hasa similar experience when you are using K@N air filters? I purchased this airfilter so the car can breathe better, however I never thought that will decrease my mileage per Gallon.

Passat 2.5 5 Cyl

#5 ·
I feel like I just go "blah blah blah blah" when I say don't mess with the germans. VW engineers know your car better, not kn filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.