Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
24K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  le0n 
#1 ·
has anyone reached 40k and had to get the maintenance for that yet? The dealer quoted me 700 but there's is a local mechanic that specializes in VW and he quoted me 500. Just wondering the average price of the service

#7 ·
You can take the car for the 40k service wherever you want or do the work yourself. Just know that if an item fails due to improper installation, the dealer will charge for the repair as it will not be covered under warranty since someone else did the work.

#14 · (Edited)
No. Regular maintenance/wear items (filters, spark plugs, wipers, etc...) are not covered by any warranty which is what is replaced during these service intervals.

#17 ·
if you don't mind the drive, give the guys a call at W Auto Works

(832) 444-6889
4402 Rex Rd
Ste A
Friendswood, TX 77546

i haven't had the need to take my car to a repair shop yet. however, i said to myself long ago i'd take my car there if i ever needed to. Keaton and his crew used to host monthly gtgs for the euro clubs. last i heard, they offer 50% of labor compared to the vw dealerships around houston.

(i can't find their site, but i saw a thread on vortex mentioning a gtg they were hosting last year)

welcome to the VWOC...

also, in regards to your 40k miles service question, you should be able to call the dealership with your vin number to find out what services were completed at any vw facilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.