central locking problem
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: central locking problem

New Member greg wilson is just really nice greg wilson's Avatar
    Thanks

central locking problem

can anyone please help, when i press the central locking button on the key only the drivers door opens, if i use the key in the lock they all open, i have tried the fuse and it seems o.k. what should i look at next.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

It is what it is..
    Rabbid0281 is a glorious beacon of light Rabbid0281's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: central locking problem

typically, only the driver door opens with the first push of the key fob button. push it twice in a row and the rest should open.
    what model and year is your VW?

Thanks

Tanks for your quick reply, its a Golf GT TDI 130 bhp Mark 4 2003, pressing the key fob twice seems to make no diffrence only the drivers door opens, and when you lock it the alarm sets as it should, but if you use the key in the lock and turn it twice all the doors will open ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

We're Geekin' DUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Has it always done this? Or is this something that just started? This is usually a programming issue and should be able to be fixed by someone with vcds(vag-com) or the dealer.
    UG 2008 4dr Auto, Sunroof, ESP, Votex Ground Effects Kit.

Mods: Stubby Antenna, Clear Sidemarkers, Euro Switch , OEM Projector Fog Lights, C2 93 Flash, BSH Intake, A3 Leather Shift Knob, GTI OEM HIDs, Tinted Euro R32 Tails, Eurojet Exhaust, H&R 24mm RSB, Jetta Wolfsburg FE swap, Eibach Sportline springs and Koni Str.T shocks, VW Euro OEM Leather Steering wheel, 17" VW OEM Anthracite Goals.

Thanks

just checked the battery and found it was faulty, have now fitted a new battery and the central locking is now working, don't know if removing the battery has reset the central locking system or it was the faulty battery, but all seems o.k. now, thanks to the members for there help and advice

8. The Following User Says Thank You to greg wilson For This Useful Post:

Rabbid0281(01-17-2012)

It is what it is..
    Rabbid0281 is a glorious beacon of light Rabbid0281's Avatar
    Thanks

:thumbsup:

New Member Ross is just really nice Ross's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys,
    Just had the same problem with the central locking not opening the passenger door or the boot with the fob key, only the driver door would open. The only reason I can think of that could of caused this was that my battery went dead after my mate was spraying the front bumper & bonnet. I recharged the battery but still no difference. After searching the net and to realise alot of guys had the same problem, one answer to fix it kept arising 'Bring back to dealer'.
    I decided to go back down and disconnect the battery and reconnect it 60sec later and the central locking was perfect.
    Hope this helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Rabbid0281(01-17-2012)

New Member Sik6968 is a jewel in the rough Sik6968's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: central locking problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just had the same problem with the central locking not opening the passenger door or the boot with the fob key, only the driver door would open. The only reason I can think of that could of caused this was that my battery went dead after my mate was spraying the front bumper & bonnet. I recharged the battery but still no difference. After searching the net and to realise alot of guys had the same problem, one answer to fix it kept arising 'Bring back to dealer'.
    I decided to go back down and disconnect the battery and reconnect it 60sec later and the central locking was perfect.
    Hope this helps.
    Brilliant thanks I had exactly the same problem, I did as it said above disconnect the battery for 60 seconds and then reconnected it .
    Bingo ! All the central locking system works perfect again.
    Thank you all.😀👍👍

New Member B. WALSH is a jewel in the rough B. WALSH's Avatar
    Thanks

Well all the above is interesting & informative. My central locking is failing to open just my driver door. Therefore, I'm going to disconnect the battery & see if it solves my problem too... Crossed fingers, I'll let you know!

New Member Ged is a jewel in the rough Ged's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B. WALSH View Post
    Well all the above is interesting & informative. My central locking is failing to open just my driver door. Therefore, I'm going to disconnect the battery & see if it solves my problem too... Crossed fingers, I'll let you know!
    Have you had any luck with your problem mentioned above. I have a 2007 golf and have started having the same problems. The central locking works, but opens all doors except the drivers door. I have messed about with the MFD menu to no avail. Did you disconnect your battery? Has it sorted the problem if you did?

New Member Ali T is a jewel in the rough Ali T's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B. WALSH View Post

Yes mate did it work ??? Same problem here on 07 Jetta TDi - drivers door does not always open but all the others do ??

We're Geekin' DUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider's Avatar
    Thanks

Could very well be a driver door latch malfunction. Does the MFD show the proper status of the door when it's open or closed?
    UG 2008 4dr Auto, Sunroof, ESP, Votex Ground Effects Kit.

Mods: Stubby Antenna, Clear Sidemarkers, Euro Switch , OEM Projector Fog Lights, C2 93 Flash, BSH Intake, A3 Leather Shift Knob, GTI OEM HIDs, Tinted Euro R32 Tails, Eurojet Exhaust, H&R 24mm RSB, Jetta Wolfsburg FE swap, Eibach Sportline springs and Koni Str.T shocks, VW Euro OEM Leather Steering wheel, 17" VW OEM Anthracite Goals.

New Member robbie2222 is a jewel in the rough robbie2222's Avatar
    Thanks

hi. i recently bought a 99 volswagen diesel 1.9 bora. its a luvly lookin car and is my first proper car. everyting is great except wen i try and open it or lock it with the key. not all the doors will open or lock together. its a very frustrating problem. someone please help

New Member wartburg is a jewel in the rough wartburg's Avatar
    Thanks

Dear All,

I have a VW Golf4 1.9 TDI Varian.
    Pushing the central locking button the right back door does not lock. I can hear the classic double klick sound, the pin moves down and up again, so the door remained open. I tried it several times, but it reains the same. All the three other doors lock perfectly.
    Using the key (remote locking) everything work perfectly.
    Do you have any idee what could be the problem?
    Thanks
    Peter

New Member oliviakay13 is a jewel in the rough oliviakay13's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,

I am new and joined because I have a weird problem that even my almost nerdy vw mechanic can't figure out. So almost every 12 hours my battery would be dead (I just replaced the battery about 4 weeks ago). I took it to the mechanic and he diagnosed it as a possible "central locking system malfunction". He did not find a draw when he tested the battery, but auto zone found almost 1 amp draw when the car was off. The weirdest part is that if I don't lock my doors (as suggested by the mechanic) the car is okay in the morning, so far. Any ideas?

New Member Vw2005jetta is a jewel in the rough Vw2005jetta's Avatar
    Thanks

Oliviakay13, did you find a solution for your issue? Sounds like I am having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

New Member SteveBiggs is a jewel in the rough SteveBiggs's Avatar
    Thanks

GOLF TDI 53 plate,
    having similar problem, both left doors wont unlock, even tried form inside with door release. being a pain as I can't even get the door open to remove door trim panels.
    any help gratefully received

New Member ChuckR is a jewel in the rough ChuckR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oliviakay13 View Post
    Hello,

I am new and joined because I have a weird problem that even my almost nerdy vw mechanic can't figure out. So almost every 12 hours my battery would be dead (I just replaced the battery about 4 weeks ago). I took it to the mechanic and he diagnosed it as a possible "central locking system malfunction". He did not find a draw when he tested the battery, but auto zone found almost 1 amp draw when the car was off. The weirdest part is that if I don't lock my doors (as suggested by the mechanic) the car is okay in the morning, so far. Any ideas?
    Have you found an answer to your problem? I am having a problem when I lock my car remotely. Whenever locking , rather than the lights flashing on and off, they sometimes stay on. The only way to reset is either hit the locking remote again or lock the car using the key in the driver's, door. Does anyone have a solution?

New Member Annie Ciano is a jewel in the rough Annie Ciano's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Re: central locking problem

Hi - I have just purchased an 06 Beetle and discovered I have a similar problem only worse. If I unlock the drivers door with the fob and put the keys in the ignition without starting the engine - and the door closes - 30 seconds later the doors self lock and I cannot get into the car.
    The boot occasionally only unlocks when the drivers door is unlocked, and sometimes will not open at all - even from the internal unlock button. Sometimes the passenger door opens on the second push and sometimes not and on occasions if the car has been unlocked and you open the passenger window the alarm goes off, this also happens when you start the engine?
    Other than that the car is fabulous, just very unpredictable - any ideas pleas?

New Member will45 is a jewel in the rough will45's Avatar
    Thanks

Are any of the central locking problems resolved? 03 tdi golf - passenger door locked fast,and rear nearside only operable from inside. A new battery fitted b4 christmas - could this be the cause, or are the doors independently fused - trying to avoid expensive bills if possible. Later today I will try dis and reconnecting the battery and checking fuses.Though my hunch is a mechanical problem. Any light shedders?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast