VW Rabbit Forum " 2007 Rabbit auto transmission issues" Volkswagen Rabbit Owners Club
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Rabbit auto transmission issues

Guru Member
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2007 Rabbit auto transmission issues

That was a 2008.5 TSI passat. It was a crazy car....the vin was all wrong and the build config inside the trans was different from what "should" have been in there. The wire diagram for a 2006 matched the car and the sensor I needed (output speed sensor above valve body) was apparently not installed in this car as per etka.
    Hidden Content
    2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Volkswagen Club
    Advertisements

Member charlieray is a jewel in the rough charlieray's Avatar
    Thanks

I have now joined the club and had my valve body replaced at 131k miles. The thing would shift around like crazy one day and be fine the next. It probably just needed a fluid and filter change, but I do need to get to work....... I paid a $165 core charge on the old valve body to retain all the old parts. There is a good video online about installing a shift kit and servicing the solenoids to clean them. Hopefully I can go through this one and install it back in the car in another 100k. I did miss the TSB becuase I was over 100k at the time it came out.

Guru Member
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond reputenitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

Please post the link to this shift kit installation.
    Hidden Content
    2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

Member charlieray is a jewel in the rough charlieray's Avatar
    Thanks

New Member retrorobot is a jewel in the rough retrorobot's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi All,

Came across this forum while researching the issues I'm having with my '07 Rabbit transmission. After finding that many here were experiencing the exact same issues that I am with my transmission, I contacted VWoA about the TSB's for my car, specifically the Valve Body replacement. At first, VW told me I was covered and to take my car in to have this (and other) TSB's addressed. So I made an appointment with my local VW dealership and told them I wanted the TSB's addressed. When I asked if I would incur any charges for having the TSB's addressed, he assured me I would not. But then, after I filled out some paperwork and explained my symptoms a little further, he disappeared into his little office and when he came back out he explained that I would have to authorize a charge of $110 for a "diagnostic" on my transmission before they would even look at it. So I signed, even though my VWoA Customer Care Advocate had explained that under the extended warranty for the valve body "diagnostic and repair" were covered.

I followed up with VWoA Customer Care and they escalated my case to a Regional Case Manager who then followed up with the dealership. Then today I found out that my transmission is "giving fault codes that do not fall under the TSB for the valve body" and that I "need to have the whole transmission replaced" and "there is nothing more they can do for me". Also they tell me that because the "symptoms" my car is exhibiting fall "outside the symptoms for a valve body repair" that I am now liable for the $110 diagnostic fee.

I'm at my wits end here. They're telling me I need a whole new transmission which is $6k. I purchased the car for $10k. Is there anything further I can do? Things I could look into? They are refusing to replace the valve body now because of the fault code. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

who was the last entity you spoke with; the dealership or VWOA?

post the actual problems you are having with your transmission.

post back the fault codes print out, or the code/s they gave you.

perhaps someone can point you in the right direction.

also, how many miles are on the vehicle?

welcome to the VWOC...
    09 CW, 2D, Manual w/ Gorilla Skin + Legos

New Member lazereth is a jewel in the rough lazereth's Avatar
    Thanks

I contacted my dealership and they told me TSB 303329 has expired as of 2013 and they will no longer honor it.

We're Geekin' DUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond reputeDUSlider has a reputation beyond repute DUSlider's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazereth View Post
    I contacted my dealership and they told me TSB 303329 has expired as of 2013 and they will no longer honor it.
    The warranty extension was 7 years 100k, whichever came first, for you that might be the case. If you purchased the vehicle used, you would need to find out what its in service date and mileage was.
    UG 2008 4dr Auto, Sunroof, ESP, Votex Ground Effects Kit.

Mods: Stubby Antenna, Clear Sidemarkers, Euro Switch , OEM Projector Fog Lights, C2 93 Flash, BSH Intake, A3 Leather Shift Knob, GTI OEM HIDs, Tinted Euro R32 Tails, Eurojet Exhaust, H&R 24mm RSB, Jetta Wolfsburg FE swap, Eibach Sportline springs and Koni Str.T shocks, VW Euro OEM Leather Steering wheel, 17" VW OEM Anthracite Goals.

New Member pjkoto is a jewel in the rough pjkoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi guys!
    I just bought a 2006 rabbit. Do you guys know if the 2006 has the same problems with the valve body. As i was driving it back home it had a rough moment as it accelerated from 2nd to 3rd gear. it only happened once and didn't happen again. Is this a sign that I need to replace the valve body?

caffeinalienated le0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond reputele0n has a reputation beyond repute le0n's Avatar
    Thanks

bottom line; all of the automatic transmissions have to be serviced (fluid/filter) every 50-60k miles. if yours have never been serviced, it could definitely be the valve body being dirty. the problem is once that it gets to this stage, it usually has to be replaced.

welcome to the VWOC and good luck.

New Member pjkoto is a jewel in the rough pjkoto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by le0n View Post
    bottom line; all of the automatic transmissions have to be serviced (fluid/filter) every 50-60k miles. if yours have never been serviced, it could definitely be the valve body being dirty. the problem is once that it gets to this stage, it usually has to be replaced.

welcome to the VWOC and good luck.
    Yay. Since it doesn't happen all the time can I just replace the valve body and not the entire transmission? Also, would I have to take it to a dealership for any reason or can a regular shop do it for me? Thank you for your help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjkoto View Post
    Yay. Since it doesn't happen all the time can I just replace the valve body and not the entire transmission? Also, would I have to take it to a dealership for any reason or can a regular shop do it for me? Thank you for your help!
    that's usually what happens. the valve body is ~$1000.

but before you go and replace anything, it would need to be properly diagnosed by a vw technician. a simple vacuum leak at the engine can cause the transmission to behave improperly.

New Member RabbitWill is a jewel in the rough RabbitWill's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been going through the same problem here in Orlando with my '06 Rabbit. Took it to the dealer and they were more interested in selling me new tires and services. Wanted $1,800 to change the valve body, but their high pressure sales tactics for the up-sale really turned me off. Went to Aamco and spent even more money, but according to them it has cost them more than I paid. I've had to go back twice. The first time they said the replacement part was bad, now I'm going back for a second time because the problem still exists (rough shifting between 2nd & 3rd) and they say it's a computer software issue.

Thanks

^^ Not cool.

Interested in the coming resolution though. Please keep us updated.

New Member VWMK is a jewel in the rough VWMK's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, I'm looking for an answer from experts here.
    2007 Rabbit, tiptronic transmission, fluid changed at 105km (I'm in Canada) at a local garage 6 month ago. The transmission was behaving normal before and after the flush. However, I have been noticed the jerks from 1st to 2nd gear after the car runs after ~10km for nearly a month. The car has 110km so far. All the rest feel alright, no light flash.
    Recently I occasionally get the power steering warning light on, I don't think there is coherent between trans and power steering.
    Waiting for some comments and feedback.
    Have a great weekend, VW drivers!

Junior Member Asaleiro is just really nice Asaleiro's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds exactly like mine, valve body fixed mine. runs great now

Member candywhite is a jewel in the rough candywhite's Avatar
    Thanks

Member rojarabbit808 is just really nice rojarabbit808's Avatar
    Thanks

Reviving this thread from the dead because i am facing some problems myself. Just yesterday I got the crap scared out of me. I was accelerating on the way home and the car drove fine. Hit a red light at an intersection and when the light went green I tried to go and the car just revved. Mind you the vehicle was in Drive. I hit the gas again and it revved as if it was in neutral and rolled some, then it's like the gears caught and I started to move. At that point I had pulled off the road for a minute put the car in Neutral and back in Drive and tried to accelerate and it went on as it normally does and drove good. I'm a bit freaked out and wonder if this was just some random mishap or if I need to quickly trade the car in before I end up with a $2,000 bill to pay.

I get the very occasional hard down shifts but it's really rare. Car is a:

2007 VW Rabbit
    77,000 miles

Please let me know your honest thoughts. I have not drove the vehicle since this happened as I would prefer to not get stuck on the side of the road.

Junior Member hrabini is a jewel in the rough hrabini's Avatar
    Thanks

Howdy, so I am experience a slightly hard down shift from 3rd to 2nd. my bunny is a 2007 2.5 with 6 speed auto and has 127K miles on it and still on the same trans fluid.. I want to change whats in the pan... as one should never change out 100% of the fluid. so my question is once I have removed the fluid and replaced the filter, where do I refill it ??? I can not find a darn plug or dip stick to fill from the top.

New Member drederick is a jewel in the rough drederick's Avatar
    Thanks

Bumping this thread up. I can feel my car struggling with similar symptoms as OP was describing. Anyone have any resolution stories they could share?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast