2012 Tiguan vibrating around 60km/h + little grinding sound at 2500rpm
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Tiguan vibrating around 60km/h + little grinding sound at 2500rpm

New Member gyuunyuu is a jewel in the rough gyuunyuu's Avatar
    Thanks

2012 Tiguan vibrating around 60km/h + little grinding sound at 2500rpm

I just bought 2012 Tiguan Comfortline 4Motion a week ago and from day 1 I noticed that the car vibrates as it approaches 40-60km/h. If I change the speed out of that range, the car shifts gear either up or down and the vibration disappears. So I guess the car vibrates at certain gear, whichever it is. I've never driven a VW before and I don't know if it's normal for this engine.
    Another thing I noticed is the well known wastegate problem at 2500rpm. It doesn't rattle as loud as others have described, but I do hear clear whirring sound whenever the car enters that rpm.
    I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow but I want to know from you guys, especially the first problem. Other than those 2 problems I mention, I absolutely love the car.
    I really appreciate your input. Thanks!

JP

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

New Member smart56 is a jewel in the rough smart56's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2012 Tiguan vibrating around 60km/h + little grinding sound at 2500rpm

Hi,

Here, I have the same problem on my 2012 Tiguan Confortline 4Motion.... Just purshased 2.5 weeks ago
    The problem is at between 1000 and 1500 RPM.
    I don't feel comfortable to drive it now....

The dealer don't want to understand the problem.....

Thanks,
    S

Senior Member Old Dog has much to be proud of Old Dog's Avatar
    Thanks

to the forum fellow Canucks. Sorry to hear that each of you happen to have the same problem it appears on brand new 2012 Tiguans, WTF. If you are getting nowhere with your service technician, then try the service manager and keep escalating until someone pays attention. I mean, you guys aren't dreaming here or making this up.

Best of luck to both of you!

Cheers!
    2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package

"Ever notice how people who tell you to calm down...are the ones that got you mad in the first place."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

New Member WER is a jewel in the rough WER's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem in 2011 Tiguan 4 that I purchased 4 weeks ago. I have taken it to the dealer and tire shops six times! Tried everything from road force balance on to changing two rear tires on my own expense. still have the same problems. Vibration between 40-60 miles that keeps my legs shaking!. In addition, I also get this weird rattle noise from the turbo unit and the dealer ordered a clamp that is back order for three weeks! The dealers is whashing their hands off from the vibration problem ! I am stuck and started to hate what appeared to be a nice car! Could it be any of the electronic modules? Any suggestion ?

Senior Member Old Dog has much to be proud of Old Dog's Avatar
    Thanks

Do any of you have a set of mounted winter tires that could be put on to see if you get the same vibrations? If you get no vibrations then it's down to either the tires or the wheels. If you still get the vibrations then other areas need to be looked at.

Just a thought.
    2011 Tiguan Comfortline/SE 2.0T 4MOTION in White Gold with Sport Package

"Ever notice how people who tell you to calm down...are the ones that got you mad in the first place."

Montreal, Quebec (Canada)

New Member gyuunyuu is a jewel in the rough gyuunyuu's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the input guys. It's been hectic with school and gonna to make appointment on Friday. Will let you guys know what happens.

New Member smart56 is a jewel in the rough smart56's Avatar
    Thanks

Please anyone who has the same problem call customer care at the following phone number 1-800-822-8987 to submit his complaint. Dealers doesn't escalating this issue (your complaints) to VW America or Canada.
    Yet for all new prospective buyer of a 2012 Tiguan test drive it a longer time to feel the problem and wait until the resolution of that issue.

I am not comfortable to recommend this model to anyone.

Thank you.
    Last edited by smart56; 11-04-2011 at 02:02 PM.

New Member tiguan_2012_brasil is a jewel in the rough tiguan_2012_brasil's Avatar
    Thanks

same problems. the vibrating around 60 km/h and the 2500 rpm sound. About the vibrating, I notice it mostly in 5th gear.

Guru Member NZTIGUAN has much to be proud of NZTIGUAN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiguan_2012_brasil View Post
    same problems. the vibrating around 60 km/h and the 2500 rpm sound. About the vibrating, I notice it mostly in 5th gear.
    Assuming it's an auto, try driving it in "S" and see if it's still there at the same speed. If not it's probably just the "lugging" feel when the engine is running at low revs. Just a thought but it will then show you if it's a drive train issue or not anyway.

Cheers
    Derek
    Alexandra
    New Zealand
    www.alexandra.co.nz
    On my second Tiguan, 2013, TDi, Night Blue, Park Assist 2, RCD510, Bluetooth, auto wipers and lights, fogs, tow pack.

New Member zmaloof is a jewel in the rough zmaloof's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: 2012 Tiguan vibrating around 60km/h + little grinding sound at 2500rpm

Quote Originally Posted by gyuunyuu View Post
    I just bought 2012 Tiguan Comfortline 4Motion a week ago and from day 1 I noticed that the car vibrates as it approaches 40-60km/h. If I change the speed out of that range, the car shifts gear either up or down and the vibration disappears. So I guess the car vibrates at certain gear, whichever it is. I've never driven a VW before and I don't know if it's normal for this engine.
    Another thing I noticed is the well known wastegate problem at 2500rpm. It doesn't rattle as loud as others have described, but I do hear clear whirring sound whenever the car enters that rpm.
    I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow but I want to know from you guys, especially the first problem. Other than those 2 problems I mention, I absolutely love the car.
    I really appreciate your input. Thanks!

JP
    I also bought Tiguan 2012 last year (amazing) here in Kuwait. I feel this vibration between 75 to 80 km/hr. after going 5 times to dealer they have changed some shaft and now it is quit reduced but little still there. do not know the exact reason may be roads or ???. I want to check it before I go again there. here in Kuwait warrantee cover is very good .

New Member Paula Vagi is a jewel in the rough Paula Vagi's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm new to the forum.
    My 2012 Tiguan is 2 weeks old. I am having the same noise at 40-60km/h. I am not comfortable with this either. I am going to try driving is "S" mode for a while. I have read that the new car has a learning car for the driver.
    I think the computer needs reprogramming.

New Member d960 is a jewel in the rough d960's Avatar
    Thanks

According to VW canada, fix is coming soon for 2012 Tiguan in canada. Keep my fingers crossed.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post76489499

Junior Member Ocelot82 is a jewel in the rough Ocelot82's Avatar
    Thanks

I have light vibration - but that's between 1500rpm - 1800rpm and NOT at 2500rpm and over.But the vibrations are inconsequential.Due to the transmission tweaks (for better fuel efficiency) our 2012 Tiguans goes for the highest gear as fast as possible.Lightly tap more on the accelerator pedal on and off or keep it above by using the manual mode.Take this advice: When it comes to a new generation (or redesign), wait for 2 months to a year.So you don't get the first batch manufactured which USUALLY have the glitches, assembly imperfections, etc... I waited for 2 months, so far... no problems - I hope none ever.Since the vehicle is still new... follow the engine break-in period because the computer does not contain any record of YOUR driving habits yet.It is still learning and getting used to You,
    Ocelot82

I'm broke
    nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8 has a reputation beyond repute nitroscope8's Avatar
    Thanks

fix is here in USA. Software update corrects the problem.

2013 GLI Autobahn, 2010 Tiguan 4mo.
    This post does not reflect the views or opinions of Volkswagen AG or any individually owned dealer or entity.
    This post is simply my personal, not professional, opinion.
    VAGCOM
    Part Installation
    Suspension installs
    Mechanical work
    Turbocharger Installation
    Pm me for details...many satisfied customers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video