Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
70K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Shinedogg 
#1 · (Edited)
This is what I have been try to make up or locate and I have found it.

This is a list of many vendors that sell parts we need for our Mk1 rabbits I found on the VWVortex.com.

If this is a good thread I would like to see a sticky. If not that is cool I would gladly come back to this thread myself and look for sources...:drive:

PARTS:
www.rabbitparts.com - Restoration parts.

www.klokkerholmusa.com/servlet/StoreFront - Another great resource for restoration parts.

www.germanautoparts.com - Start here first!

www.scientificrabbit.com - Ported intake manifolds and other great info.

oldskoolvw.com - Custom door cards, shifters, axle plates, etc.

rapidparts.com - General maintenance parts.

stores.ebay.com/Mk1-Autohaus - Moogie; Lots of NOS parts.

www.partsplaceinc.com

techtonicstuninginc.com - Exhausts, cams, valves, heads, etc. Everything you need for 8V's and 16V's

www.parts4vws.com - Great supplier of OEM parts.

www.vw-classicparts.com - A great source for OEM parts.

www.mtmfg.com

www.scch-heads.com - Cylinder heads, custom fabs, and replica Berg Cup kits.

www.performance-cafe.com

www.bildon.com - Racing equipment.

www.gprparts.com - OEM parts.

www.volkswarenhaus.de - Some OEM and repro parts.

www.typ-17.de - OEM and repro.

www.autotech.com - Suspension and other good stuff.

www.golfmk1.co.uk/index.htm - Crazy Quiff's: UK based VW Mk1 Golf parts.

www.autohausaz.com/ - Parts by VW part number.

stores.ebay.de/Racingteam-Hofmann-RTH - BBS replacement parts, located in Germany.

www.orchideuro.com/

www.carburetion.com - Specializes in carbs.

www.bahnbrenner.com - Lots of performance parts.

www.mjmautohaus.com - Performance parts.

www.blackforestindustries.com

www.vintagerubber.com - A good source for window seals.

www.performance-trim.com
- Bankrupt. No longer available.

www.autolamps-online.com - HID upgrades.

www.42draftdesigns.com - Good source for VDO gauges, pods and LED's.

www.superbrightleds.com - Another source for LED's w/decent prices.

www.nhspeedometer.com/ - VDO gauge rebuilds and customization.

busdepot.com

www.worldimpex.com\

www.vwheritage.com/bbt/Home/?templateID=bbt - Various body repair panels and other mk1

Parts Uk based:

www.twminduction.com/ - ITB's

www.usrallyteam.com - ITBs, cranks, cams, exhaust etc.

www.mcmaster.com - Fasteners.

www.performance-trim.com/index.html - Carbon Fiber pieces (hood, roof, fenders, hatch, etc).

www.autopowerindustries.com - Rollcages, braces, misc. racing equipment.

www.rockauto.com/ - Many repro parts and good prices.

www.hansdieselparts.com/ - Many diesel parts.

www.FAP99.com - Replacement parts; good prices.

www.spitfireefi.com/ - Megasquirt needs.

GENERAL VAG:

www.eurosportacc.com - Exhausts, suspension, performance parts.

www.ecstuning.com

fourseasontuning.com - OEM & performance parts.

http://wrdusa.com - Performance Parts

http://eurospecsport.com - High performance motorsport products and accessories.

OTHER STUFF:

www.enthusiastapparel.com - Some nice shirts for the motorsport in you.

www.8380labs.com - Well known with some great shirt designs.

www.dubkorps.com - Shirts, hats, etc.

counterkultur.bigcartel.com - More shirts

www.drivergear.vw.com/vw08

www.cabby-info.com/electrical_system.htm#LEDs - LED install.

See less See more
#5 ·
For the foam you are looking at around 350.00 for the foam from the dealer, but I would think a good automotive upholstery shop could make it.

You might be better served in looking for them on the classifieds at www.thesamba.com as well as www.vwvortex.com

#6 ·
I've been looking around everywhere for them. Passenger seat is OK, driver's is bad. All the junk yards around here don't have any parts. They blame Cash for Clunkers for no parts. I will keep looking. I can deal with a crappy seat for a little while. There is always something to fix.

Is there a site that says which seats will fit in mine?

#7 ·
any mk1 seat will work, even mk2 with little or no modification. MK3's need to be modified.

#11 ·
I got a quote to do the center sections of my seats at a Auto Upholstery shop... Just the centers of the sport seats, 500.00 dollars.
That is about the price of front and rear covers.

#13 ·
I just ordered my first rabbit parts from www.autohausaz.com.

It was very easy. Almost a bit too easy. Anyhow, I will report back how long it takes to get the parts and the quality of them.

I ordered the brake reservoir cap, Bentley Repair manual, and Bosh wipers. Shipping was free since my order was over 50 dollars and the order came to 51.80.

They had the cheapest price on the Bentley manual that I could find @ 37.50. The replacement wipers, not the refill was only 3.75 each!!!

Reactions: DjDazer
#14 ·
Autohausaz.com and germanautoparts.com are both very good, and complement each other well. If you can't find something at one of them, the other one may have it. I tend to go w/ germanautoparts simply because they're closer to me geographically so I get the parts faster. If it's a big ticket item, I compare the prices between the sites. I would recommend calling both companies first prior to placing an order to make sure the part is in stock if it's something you need quickly. I've ordered stuff online before that was listed on the sites, but turned out to be on backorder indefinitely. The sites don't always tell you that.

Barry

#15 ·
That's what I've done with my jeep parts. However, I couldn't figure out where German auto parts was and Autohausaz.com had free shipping if you spend over 50 dollars. I figured I would have the stuff by Saturday since it's going to rain here until then...

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.