Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
120K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ayoub 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys! I just got the 2012 Passat and I am loving that car! I noticed something strange though. The first day I got the car I could easily pair my blackberry with the car and it worked just fine. Now, I know that you have to do that one time and it works perfectly for the next time you get in the car.

Problem is that it does not and I cannot find the phone option on the instrument cluster anymore or on the central screen. When I push the "PHONE" button near the screen the "mute" sign appears and pressing the phone buttons on the steering wheels does nothing.

I tried to pair it from the phone by detecting the car's Bluetooth system, but I cannot find it. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug or what? I want to know if it is something I can fix before going back to the dealer.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Try this...it works for me...Turn the blue tooth on in your phone...look at your screen on your instrument cluster... there should be buttons on your steering wheel..on the right side buttons...click the ones that look like little squares intersecting one another..hit either the left one or the right one until you see the blue tooth/phone menu in that screen. use the down button on the right side set of buttons and find..Paired Media Devices(something like that) hit the center(ok) button ..and see if your phone is in there...and click ok and see if it starts pairing...sometimes i have to do this if i didnt have my bluetooth on before i started the car...Hope this works for you

• Helpful
Reactions: administrator
#5 ·
Hi

Bluetooth phone and music features works like a charm in my brand new Passat 2012.
But, when phone is connected to the car and I listen to FM or DAB radio and receive an email or chat message the stereo switches from radio to Phone. Seems like the stereo recognises the email sound as music.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. Have anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!

#12 ·
Hi

Bluetooth phone and music features works like a charm in my brand new Passat 2012.
But, when phone is connected to the car and I listen to FM or DAB radio and receive an email or chat message the stereo switches from radio to Phone. Seems like the stereo recognises the email sound as music.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. Have anyone else experienced this problem and is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Did you every find out how to prevent this? I have a 2015 VW Passat and mine does the same thing.

#6 · (Edited)
yes in my CC if blue tooth is connected any phone message you recieve it will sound over the car system...this is normal..its just another connivencefeature VW through in..this way you know you have a message waiting..also..you can play your MP3's from your phone over bluetooth..i do it all the time

#9 ·
I found this thread because I had the same problem in a Mk6 2011 Golf that the 'Phone' option went to mute and there was no Bluetooth option on the MFD.

This YouTube video fixed it for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8NwMEDqCRM

It didn't work first time, but you need to do it in this sequence:

- turn off ignition
- disconnect BT box (it's under the driver's seat in RHD cars)
- switch on ignition without the box connected
- switch off ignition
- reconnect BT box
- switch on ignition

That's what worked for me :)

I just had it serviced at a Main Dealer and they diagnosed that I needed a new BT unit at £500.

#14 ·
Hey guys! I just got the 2012 Passat and I am loving that car! I noticed something strange though. The first day i got the car I could easily pair my blackberry with the car and it worked just fine. Now, I know that you have to do that one time and it works perfectly for the next time you get in the car. Problem is that it does not and I cannot find the phone option on the instrument cluster anymore nor in the central screen. When I push the "PHONE" button near the screen the "mute" sign appears and pressing the phone buttons on the steering wheels does nothing. I tried to pair it from the phone by detecting the car's bluetooth system, but it cannot find it. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug or what? I want to know if it is something I can fix before going back to the dealer. Thanks!
i got the same problem in my caddy 2012 , did you find the solution help me plz ❤

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.