How to download music to hard drive
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to download music to hard drive

New Member Mertz1222 is a jewel in the rough Mertz1222's Avatar
    Thanks

Post How to download music to hard drive

I can't seem to figure out how to download music to the HDD in my 2010 Tiguan. I can play my music through my IPhone and CD's but can't seem to download. Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

New Member sussex_pete is a jewel in the rough sussex_pete's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How to download music to hard drive

What sort of media do you want to use as the source? You should be able to do this from memory cards and from your Iphone - but I'll check on that tonight.

Thanks

Having now checked, the options will be from an SD card or from an external device such as your Iphone. The main criteria is that the file format can only be MP3 or WMA files. To store any files, then if you press the function key behind the display of a title a pop-up window will open. One of the options on the pop-up will be Copy. Press on continue then you can enter the file/folder name, or a new folder name. Each folder can have up to seven sub-folders. Press the enter file/folder button at the folder level you wish to store your files.
    To show what you have on the hard disk, press the HDD button from the Media menu. From here by using the function button on selected folders, you can play the content, copy to other media, rename or delete the file or folder.
    HTH
    Peter

New Member Stella27 is a jewel in the rough Stella27's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sussex_pete View Post
    Having now checked, the options will be from an SD card or from an external device such as your Iphone. The main criteria is that the file format can only be MP3 or WMA files. To store any files, then if you press the function key behind the display of a title a pop-up window will open. One of the options on the pop-up will be Copy. Press on continue then you can enter the file/folder name, or a new folder name. Each folder can have up to seven sub-folders. Press the enter file/folder button at the folder level you wish to store your files.
    To show what you have on the hard disk, press the HDD button from the Media menu. From here by using the function button on selected folders, you can play the content, copy to other media, rename or delete the file or folder.
    HTH
    Peter
    Hi Peter

I've just got my 1st VW Golf. It didn't have an SD card in it but I got one from Ebay. put music on it an it comes up with 'error' when i slot the sd card in. where could i get step by step instructions? would it be any type of sd car or one from the dealer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stella27 View Post
    Hi Peter

I've just got my 1st VW Golf. It didn't have an SD card in it but I got one from Ebay. put music on it an it comes up with 'error' when i slot the sd card in. where could i get step by step instructions? would it be any type of sd car or one from the dealer?
    Hi Stella,
    I would suspect it is the capacity of the SD card that may be the issue. Although it should be able to read most SD cards, it is better with the small capacity ones - say 2Gb or 4Gb maximum. You should be able to get these from any tech store and you shouldn't need to bother your dealer. Beyond that just ensure that your music files are only in MP3 or WMA format. It won't recognise any other format.

Also, just a thought, you did put the SD card in the right way up didn't you?????
    HTH
    Pete

+ Reply to Thread