Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
84K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  Crazy Harry 
#1 ·
I own a 2010 cc sport in Reflex Silver. I love this car from the vary moment I took it out of the lot. Not a single issue until it hit 14035 miles on the odometer. The car just died. You could turn it on but would not go past 4000rpm and it would die on you for no reason. The car had to be towed to the dealer. Three weeks the dealer worked on the car with no clue on the problem. They replaced the ECU, crankshaft sensor, steering column and finally steering column lock. They call me telling me the car was as in new condition. The car was delivered and it felt like new for just 9 miles when it dies again on me. The car had to be towed back again to the dealer. I almost had an accident this time when it happened.

Have anyone experienced this situation. If this time it is not fixed right I will go after Lemon Law in Puerto Rico. The car is a great ride but when safety is compromised...:(

#39 ·
Re: 2010 CC engine coolant temperature sensor 2 issue.

Good morning friends. This morning my cc started ok while driving out it died on me, tried to restart but could not. Used OBD-II to diagnose it and it read P2185, could the sensor make they car not to start? Removed the sensor and looks okay. Although battery light comes on when it happened. Am not sure what to look at.

#40 ·
Hello,
I have a 2010 cc ..I'm currently having an issue with my car idle. When I start up my car the rpm after it goes up it goes to low and sometimes the car dies or if I go reverse after starting up the car it dies as well I have to accelerate for it not to die. Now is getting worse as I'm driving and I completely stop it shake a bit and dies don't want it to get worse any ideas ...?

thanks in advance

#41 ·
Have recently had fuel pump replaced due to recall. I wasnt having the starting and cut off issues, but now I am having an increasing smell of fuel in my car. I had a notice to replace cabin filter. WIll that solve it or is this connected to recall issue? The smell is almost unbearable even with windows down and I dont even try to run A/C. ANY HELP BEFORE I SPEND MONEY??

#42 ·
The cabin filter will not fix the source of the fuel smell. I bet it is connected to the recall issue - take the car back to the guys that did the recall work and have them solve it! Fuel fumes in the cabin is not good!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.