Leaky panoramic Sunroof
VolkswagenOwnersClub.com is the premier Volkswagen forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaky panoramic Sunroof

New Member Booker is a jewel in the rough Booker's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Leaky panoramic Sunroof

On the rainy west coast with a 2010 Golf Sportwagen with panoramic sunroof and no garage to park in. Love the car but the sunroof is turning into a nightmare. Delivered in June 2010 and started leaving in Nov. Six times in the shop and 5 sunroof frame replacements later and it's still leaking.

Anyone with similar experience ?

VW Canada are not confident they can get me into another vehichle with a sunroof that doesn't leak considering that I live in Vancouver and park the car outside. I would like to see the sales bulletin they are going to issue to ensure this doesn't happen to other unsuspecting customers.

I just want my car fixed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VolkswagenOwnersClub.com
    Advertisements

Fahrvergnugen acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator has a reputation beyond repute acgator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Did they make sure the water drainage tubes in the pillars are clear from debris and/or are unobstructed?
    - Nic

2006 Uni Black Rabbit

4 door - 5 spd - UM tune - Neuspeed P-flo - Eurojet exhaust - Koni yellow - DG Springs - Fogs - Euro tails - Ronal Goals (summer/autoX) - SSM Magny Cours (winter) - Hatch pop kit - iPod adapter

New Member Booker is a jewel in the rough Booker's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Leaky panoramic Sunroof

Drain Tubes are absolutley clear, remember this car has been in the shop 6 times. Dealer has been excellent but there's not much more they can do with the design. Dealer and VW admit there is a design issue but neither have a solution. They want to give me a replacement vehicle without a sunroof but I'm digging in my heals as I really like the option. Sounds to me like their own people have no confidence in this design. If they have no confidence in the design then they should stop selling this option IMO.

+ Reply to Thread