Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  murdoness 
#1 ·
Hello CC Owners:

I have a 4 week old 2011 CC with what appears to be a noise in the front end when riding on a bumpy road or turning into a driveway. It does not make the noise out on the highways. I took it to the dealer where i purchased the car yesterday and was told that they had to order some sort of Plate (Part # 7M3 499 3 OR a 5 can't make it out 49A)
i.e 7M3 499 349A or 7M 499 549A.
The dealer claims that Volkswagen has issued a service bulletin on this issue. However I cannot find a thing on any web site pertaining to 2010 or 2011 CC service bulletin. It is really hard for me to believe a brand new 4 week old car would have a noise issue in the front end and all of a sudden there's a service bulletin issued.
Has anyone heard of this lately? Please advise.

Thank You
brichard74

#2 ·
Unfortunately your car already has that plate/shim. it's to prevent the subframe from moving around on the actual frame. I have a feeling they will guess again or retorque those frame bolts and see if that helps. Is it a squeak noise? if so its probably the lower control arm bushings. Subframe noise is a CLUNK that can most times be felt.

#4 ·
Keep us updated. For all I know VW may have forgotten it!

#5 ·
I have this on my 2012 and the dealer is giving up. Sounds like a leprachaun beating on the firewall with a hammer. Happens at random times and totally inconsistently. Sometimes all I have to do is turn the wheel one way or the other while parked. Sometimes I have to "get on it" in a corner to get it to happen. The other day it popped three times while I was in a curve at 70mph and the steering geometry changed.
The dealer has tightened things up three times and the fix is temporary at best each time.
Let me know if you find anything I can use. I'm about to get rid of the damn car. Luckily I have an extended warranty.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.