Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
71K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  nitroscope8 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was ordering an oil pan gasket from Autohaus of AZ, and they asked for which 2.5 engine I own. They gave me a choice between a CBTA and a CBUA. What's the difference between the two? Are one auto and the other stick maybe?

#9 ·
Performance is the same between the two engines. CBTA is ULEV and CBUA is SULEV (pzev) The oil pan gasket is liquid and black in color....same for all 2.5's.

#12 ·
the stuff vw uses is NOT rtv. Not even close. It's almost a cement and when it dries, it's not coming off without a really large prybar and hammer + WWIV.

#13 ·
Ill be careful when prying pan off. After scraping the old gasket off I will add the new sealant. I will apply a 3/16- 1/4" bead around and assemble pan with light pressure until sealant compresses down to an 1/16 thick; let it dry for 24 hours, then i will torque. sound right?

#14 ·
No.....Remove the pan carefully and clean all old sealant off. Apply a 2-3mm bead around the pan. Install. Torque all bolts. You may fill with oil immediately.

Reactions: rickr71
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.